1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally have all the parts, just need the wood

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sixstringpoet, Sep 30, 2010.

1. I have finally gathered all of the parts for my dream bass. Took me a little while to get exactly what i wanted. Now i just need someone to put it all together for me. I would prefer a neckthrough singlecut, but am not stuck on that preference. I believe mahogany would give me the growl that i need, and a nice flame maple top and back for some snap. A nice birdseye maple neck and board. Some block inlays would be sweet. Brass nut, 2/3 headstock, brass inserts for the preamp cavity. I was going to go with Warmoth but i need 19mm spacing. Anyone know of someone that can make this bass but wont mind using my parts?

Picture852.jpg

2. bunkaroo

bunkaroo

Apr 25, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    That's what she said!

3. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    beat me to it!!! :D

4. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Are ya gonna put parallel, series, single coil switches on the NYCs??
    'cause that's what I would do.......

5. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    And people say that the wood makes no difference in how a bass sounds......

:bag:

6. Yeah, don't know how i missed that. thanks.

7. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Try Gene Liberty at guitarfix.com. Along with being a master in guitar repairs (I mean serious repairs that no one else will touch) he's been making guitars for over thirty years. I've personally witnessed some of his builds. Totally top notch. He'll tell you what parts he can use and what he won't (if any) but will have great suggestions for alternatives.

Tell him Gregg sent you.

8. Thanks for recommending, didn't see any basses, but his site looks he knows what he is doing.

I believe it does.

9. Bass-Adrenaline

Bass-Adrenaline

Jan 23, 2010
    Luthier Forum.....

10. The bass has been finished, Just got her today. looks great and sounds so sweet. Here are a couple of pics.

IMG_3103.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

11. Nice!