Finally, hear me in action - Evan's Out

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SuperDuck, Apr 25, 2005.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    My band and I recorded a three song demo this weekend, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results. It sounds better than I thought something could sound that was created in such a short amount of time.

Let me know what you think! Comments on anything from lyrics to production to sound quality to how much you can't hear the bass to how much the bass player sucks - it's all good.

We recorded the bass direct from the line out of my Peavey BAM 2x10, using the SVT model, for those who care.

Listen to "Forever Asleep" on a stereo with a sub, if you can - we have some neat sub-bass effects on the big hits. It's pile-drivingly heavy. :cool:

Here are the links:

EDIT: Let me know if you guys have trouble downloading - the files were apparantly truncated for some people. I have no idea how this stuff works.
  2. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I can't really hear the bass very well, it's there, but it should be louder. The tones overall are great though, the guitars and drums sound great.
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    It's true. This happens every time I record - it sounds good on the awesome $9,000 monitors, and then when it gets home to real-world systems, the bass is buried.

You'd think I would have learned by now.
  4. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Yeah, sounds great though. My sub is pumping out lots low freqs, but only the bass durm hits are well defined. The bass is pretty much lost.

Great songs though. Real good work. :D
  5. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Come on now, either we suck really bad or no one's listening... I crave feedback! Good, bad, or otherwise!
  6. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    I listened to "A Promise" and your singer doesn't really seem spot-on on a couple of notes. The playing is great, but I can't hear the bass, either.

Tailoring a mix to your pricy studio loudspeakers is a pretty bad idea, by the way, this has given my band loads of grief as well. Sometimes our rough mixes would even sound distorted when listened to with smaller speakers. Our singer, who does most of the mixes says if it sounds good in his car, the mix is usually perfect.

I hear the Manic Street Preachers even adjusted the final mix of their new album to an ipod.
  7. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'ma gonna give this another bump. :cool:
  8. Not my cup of tea...but is done pretty well for what it is...

maybe a bit of a creative injection is needed, but overall decent.
  9. im listening to forever asleep right now, i like it, but i see what u mean, the bass needs to be louder, jack up ur volume next time ;)