Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally...I got my BEAST!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Apr 8, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    After years (18 months) of hard worlk and saving i have my new amp. Many of you may have posted in my threads, where i asked "whats the best amp for me". :D

I had been offered a Warwick Sweet 15 for $1450AUS, and decided id go and give it a burl. I went and tried it, and it sounded good. couldnt complain. Nice, warm sound and good all round. I asked if he could go any cheaper and he said no, he couldnt. I told him that id be back later that after noon with my bass.

On the way home i though i might stop in at the other local muso shop. I told the salesperson what i have got, and what i had been offered, then i asked if he could do anythnig the same or better. he showed me a Hughes and Kettner 15" 150 watts. It was nice, but i liked the Warwick better. As he was walking off, he pulled my attention to a Peavey TNT 115 BW. I went and had a looj, and he pointed out the 7 band EQ and the built in Chorus effect. my eyes lit up , and at $1450, i was happy. then he went one step futher and said he'd give it to me for $1200, with a 2 month lay by, and a 31 day warranty. My eyes lit up.

2 days later im at home with my new beast. She sounds great. Theres still some stuff i dont understand, like how to use the EQ properly, and what the shelving controls do. It has wheels!! :cool:

Its huge, i stood up on it last night, and it didnt make a sound. It bareley fits in my mums torana aswell :D

I took some pics, and here she is!

[​IMG]

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
  3. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    congrads on the awesome amp!!!!
    i'm so happy for you!!! :D
    peavy's a awesome company!
    your neighbours are going to hate you...

that's my amp!!!

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Nice amp Phill. I've never played through a TNT before, but I have heard many good things. I'm sure you'll have much fun with it.

Didja hear that Jadey? He said he didn't like yours:spit: ;)

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Dude, you can be equal to me in peavey love. Not bad amps ARE THEY? I will only use their cabs. Just plain great, and you will have that thing, if you want, FOREVER. Peaveys do not die easy.

6. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    what is that suppose to mean? :(

7. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    just melt those picks and you'll be all set =)

8. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    congrats man, the TNT was my first amp!! rocks the house!!

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Mee too. I had an older TNT right through school. It got stolen :(

Good choice!