Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally I'm getting the Bergantino 2x12, it goes looooooow and cleaaaaaan!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Aug 20, 2001.

1. That's it, after I tried the Bergantino 2x12, this cab is for me. Going to pay for it tommorow.

2. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's about time some one but ME gets it! I own THE first one EVER made and it still kicks ass a year later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SWR and EDEN can KISS MY A@@

3. Thanks Gibson Geek, this thing rocks man, it's scaaaaaary!!!!!!! I played it through SWR Mo'Bass, I can feel my heart popping out of my chest. Can't imagine pairing it with the Bergantino 18 inch, will probably break my rafter and the neighbours will be calling the police.

4. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Even though I'm a total TUBE GEEK, i've been using a Stewart World 1.2 with an old Yamaha PB-1 preamp into the 2x12. MY GOD....try that cabinet with 1200 watts......it's VERY scary! Another favorite is my old SVT head with that cabinet. That was my main gig-rig for the past year. Only thing is, if you drive the SVT into clipping you gotta back the horn off a little. Did you compare the Bergantino to other cabs? Which ones? Do you feel the extra cost is worth it? How's that horn!?!? Let me know what you think!(No, I don't work for Jim!)

5. Yes, I compared it with the usual suspects, Eden 410 XLT, SWR Goliath 410, Epifani 410 and 212, and I got in trouble when I tried the Bergs.

I am getting it next week, can't wait to piss off my neigbour. I might stack it up with my old Hartke 410 XL circa 1991 or 92 can't remember.

I am going to drive it with a solid state.

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Can anyone please discribe the sound of that cab for me. I know it´s hard to put in words but does it have flat response or scooped mids etc? Is it suitable for more traditional rock sounds with an old precision swung at kneehight??? (think The Clash):confused:

7. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    What does this cabinet weigh?arent these the ones with the odd shape?Ever play an Ashdown head thru it?Thanks