1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally, Live Vid

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by smogg, Apr 11, 2010.

1. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Finally got some live video footage. It is raw footage and the kick drum clips the video camera mic a bit. It does at least give you an overview of the band though. Recorded at a nice little waterfront pub around the corner from where I live. We play there once a month 'cause they love us...lol
    Eventually gonna try and run lines out from board to camera, if I can figure out how to keep people from tripping over them.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ContributorID=22200811

Feel free to post feedback.
    thanks,
    smogg

P.S. Bass is Peavey USA Millennium 5plus into Ibanez Promethean into Genz Benz NeoX 212T

2. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Nice playing.................

3. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Yep, sounds like a millennium. I just love the way they sound in a band mix. Where did you have your tone controls/ pickup blend set on the bass?

4. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    Me too, that's why it's the only bass I own now...lol
    For the southern rock tunes like the one in the Video, I set tone as follows;
    Bass:
    Both pickups blended even, B-full boost, M-flat, T-flat, finger style right in front of the Bridge pup (pretty close to right between the two pups.

Amp:
    Shelving EQ-slight bump @40hz, slight cut @10k
    Graphic EQ-ON-almost flat with a little cut @ 800hz
    Vibe Control-ON- set at 11:00

Cab:tweeter cut back to about 8:30

5. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    Thank you very much, I really enjoy playing that tune. Not hard but definitely fun. :)