1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally made a purchase

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nubian1, Jan 7, 2008.

1. nubian1

nubian1

Oct 11, 2007
    Akron/Cleveland
    After nearly a month of trying to find a decent bass at the right price I finally made a purchase. I found this on Ebay, the seller was local we made a deal and now it's mine. It is a passive Ibanez SR400. All I need now is an amp, cord, strap and an instructor and I'm on my way. Pic is from Ebay, I'll post more when I get a digital camera.

Attached Files:

2. Mikeyd74

Mikeyd74

Jul 28, 2007
    Congrats!
    Nice bass. I have an SR800 that I've been playing for 16 years. Still one of the best sounding basses I own.

3. Ibanez are good basses to start on....typically very light in weight and sound decent. Congrats and good luck!

4. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    Congrats! I also play only Ibanez for the moment and I agree with others' opinion: very good basses for the buck!:hyper:

5. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thats not passive :)

nice bass.

6. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    nice bass man better than the one i started with!

p/j to very nice!

7. nubian1

nubian1

Oct 11, 2007
    Akron/Cleveland
    Yes sir you are correct, the seller said it was passive and when I examined the back I did not see a place for a battery so I assumed that it was.:meh: After reading your post I opened the rear compartment and behold a 9-volt battery. I took the old one out but didn't bother to put a new one in yet seeing that I'm not playing it.

I also got an Ibanez hardcase with it.

Thanks for the comps.

8. cmhgreg

cmhgreg

Oct 26, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I think it technically is passive. I seem to recall when I got mine that Ibanez described it as having passive pickups with an active preamp, fwiw. Try this, take the battery out and see if you still get a signal. I think you will, but you lose the tone control circuit.

I've got the same bass in the same color. It was my first. I actually spent some time with it last night for the first time in a long time and it played and sounded much better than I remembered. Or maybe I'm just a little better now. At any rate, I'm going to be giving it some more love from now on. I was really able to dial up really some nice tones with the EQ.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021