Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally, *my* family pictures :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Nov 12, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    A few others have posted family pics and now I finally can post mine. Ya know, now that I have basses that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to give up in a month like I usually do :)

My fretted Sterling that I got in September from Bass Central and my '96 fretless with birdseye maple neck that I got this week from Ebay (note: The bridge unfortunately ISN'T the old one with the string mutes) I thought it was when I first saw a picture, it just looked like it was missing the pads. But the screws are actually screws that secure the bridge, I'm assuming :) Does anyone know why there are 4 screws up front that do nothing, when the bridge already has 5 screws to secure the bridge?

[​IMG]

*EDIT* I changed it above but.. I bought the fretted at Bass CENTRAL..not Bass NW :) duh..

2. Nice looking basses you've got there. I really like the red color of the fretted one. Sorry, I can't answer your question about the bridge.

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    thats not a family, thats a couple :D

this is a family
    [​IMG]

4. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    So, a single dad with 2 kids isn't a family? :)

You don't have a family, you have an army :) What do you tell people (mainly wives/girlfriends) who ask why you need so many 7-stringers? Yea I know you have a few 8's in there too :)

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    OH, NO

Those aren't mine. Those are all Mr. JT's conklin 7 string's.

6. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    *lol* My bad :) I know those are JT's, but I just saw the picture and I didn't think I had to look to see who posted it *lol* :)

JT's basses should be part of a "Getting Started: Things every newbiew should know on their first visit to talkbass" :)

7. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I dont prefer 7/8 string basses, I like Sixers.

But they look damn good as I have said before... The only one that looks out of place is the plain white one... looks odd.

I like 'Big Bertha' (I named JT's double bass...)

That is prolly really weird to play though...

8. Looks like somebody has a one track mind...heehee:bassist: