1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finally, *my* family pictures :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Nov 12, 2003.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    A few others have posted family pics and now I finally can post mine. Ya know, now that I have basses that I'm pretty sure I'm not going to give up in a month like I usually do :)

My fretted Sterling that I got in September from Bass Central and my '96 fretless with birdseye maple neck that I got this week from Ebay (note: The bridge unfortunately ISN'T the old one with the string mutes) I thought it was when I first saw a picture, it just looked like it was missing the pads. But the screws are actually screws that secure the bridge, I'm assuming :) Does anyone know why there are 4 screws up front that do nothing, when the bridge already has 5 screws to secure the bridge?

[​IMG]

*EDIT* I changed it above but.. I bought the fretted at Bass CENTRAL..not Bass NW :) duh..

2. Nice looking basses you've got there. I really like the red color of the fretted one. Sorry, I can't answer your question about the bridge.

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    thats not a family, thats a couple :D

this is a family
    [​IMG]

4. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    So, a single dad with 2 kids isn't a family? :)

You don't have a family, you have an army :) What do you tell people (mainly wives/girlfriends) who ask why you need so many 7-stringers? Yea I know you have a few 8's in there too :)

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    OH, NO

Those aren't mine. Those are all Mr. JT's conklin 7 string's.

6. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    *lol* My bad :) I know those are JT's, but I just saw the picture and I didn't think I had to look to see who posted it *lol* :)

JT's basses should be part of a "Getting Started: Things every newbiew should know on their first visit to talkbass" :)

7. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    I dont prefer 7/8 string basses, I like Sixers.

But they look damn good as I have said before... The only one that looks out of place is the plain white one... looks odd.

I like 'Big Bertha' (I named JT's double bass...)

That is prolly really weird to play though...

8. Looks like somebody has a one track mind...heehee:bassist: