Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally my Pedal Board Brace Yourself

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jun 28, 2004.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    So finally here it is my pedal board (I still need to make the old cupboard door into a pedal board but you get the idea)

There is a directly at your feet:
    Dunlop 105q bass wah
    Custom Guitar Noise Dirtbox distortion/loop pedal (Two clean channels, two dirty ones)
    Ashdown amp selector (Used for the tube od and the octave effect in my abm combo)

the the kinda upper tier is:
    Boss LMB-3 (Used for a small volume boost for clean slap passages (I Hate It !!!!!))
    Aria Flanger from the land that time forgot it has two setting so you can set different rates and if u hold the pedal down it does the second rate if u just have it on it does the first and then of course it can be off as well
    Akai intelliphase

I use the dirtbox to switch between its channels so I have:
    Channel 1 Clean - No effects
    Channel 2 Clean - Boss LMB-3 - Aria Flanger
    Channel 3 Dirty - No effects
    Channel 4 Dirty - Akai Intelliphase

The wah is first in my signal. I do plan at some point getting some cables that are like a Y lead but still mon all the way so I can have some effects on two channels. I also plan on getting a Digitech Main Squeeze to go last in my signal before my amp. I also want to replace my boss with an eq pedal I may end up with the NOS Boss parametric eq i've seen. Finally I may also get a Digitech Bass Synth.

How does that all grab you.

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I was "braced" for a Doug Wimbish type set-up :D !

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    One day my brother one day.

I meant brace yourself for what I consider a complex setup for not that many pedals

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    It's so tiny!

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    :crying:

TB doesn't love me

:crying:

OK OK so maybe brace yourself was a bit of a mistake.

I need a hug

6. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 I have waned a Dirt Box for sooooooooooooooooo long!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did you get it, and how much???

Alex

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well, if it helps, you have at least six times more pedals on yours than I have on mine.

8. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Nice and simple; easy to move, easy to change and you have a bass wah. :cool:

9. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    I got the Dirt Box from a shop near me that isn't very popular so he tends to have alot of new old stock that he can't sell.

I ended up paying £105 for it which is quite expensive but I'd have to spend much more to replace it.

The Wah was second hand and I payed £50 for it it was missing the crews to the bottom plate and also has the wrong plate on any way (I think its for the standard dunlop cry baby)

The Akai I only got about 5 months ago and its brand new so you guys can give me a rough estimate of how long it had been stuck in his shop window.

10. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Ok then since no one was that impressed last time try this one on for size then.

It still missing my Danelectro French Toast and all the cables, I mean it works now but I want it all done with Venom cables and I need the Boss daisy chain power supply as well. So will post an unpdated update in a week or two.

I've changed how its wired since I took the photo so ignore what goes into what.

Signal is:
    Aphex Bass Exciter to
    Crowther Prunes and Custard to
    Dunlop 105Q Bass Wah to
    Custom Guitar Noise Dirt Box
    (Channel 1)Clean into Aria Flanger (This has two stages a slow flange normally but when you hold down the pedal you get a fast rate)and then the French Toast when I get it.
    (Channel 2)Clean and Overides all other buttons so it's like a panic button if all the noise goes horribly wrong. TU-2 also in this loop.
    (Channel 3)Overdrive nice light distortion.
    (Channel 4)Really Heavy distortion not really a fuzz just a wall of sound.
    The Dirt Box then goes into the Akai Intelliphase and this then goes into the Line 6 Echo park the settings on this change because there are so many great sounds.

So there it is folks till next week. Yes I will line up the pedals better once I get the rest of my cables.

P.S. Thanks Tecxs for all the help and the P&C your a great guy I highly recommend doing buisness with you to any one.

Enjoy Guys

11. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Holy Moly - that thing's so dangerous, it's gotta have, like, an ejection-seat!

Joe

12. Tayste, how do you like that 105Q? Have you compared it with other bass wahs? (I'm in need of a wah but don't know what to buy)

13. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    It's a very good wah I love the fact the it's switchless makes it so easy for quick little effects. I haven't tried it against any other wah's really, if it was lost or stolen I would try the Morley one before getting another one and then make my mind up.

Wait I tell a lie I did try the Boss PW-10 Wah and I prefer the Dunlop but I use mine more as a controllable filter for funky flea type sounds (Only not as harsh) so if your looking for Metallica - Cliff Burton tone I'd look somewhere else but if you want like a funk wah this is a great pedal.

Joe P Just you wait till I have the pool with sharks with Lasers on their heads fitted :D

Decided folks I'm probably gonna put the akai int he loop with the flanger, now I've got the prunes having distortion running into the phaser is a bit redundant and having it in a loop makes it easier to turn 3 effects off at a time.

Enjoy

14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    TaySte,
    very nice. But I see you have some spare room up the top left corner of your pedalboard. I think you need to fill it :)

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Am doing with the Danelectro French Toast.

16. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    he has been bitten...

17. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Happy new year everyone. Here's to a year of gadgets and bass goodies

18. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Looks good ste :)

19. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Need to get a regulated power supply for the Line 6 it hums loads at the moment, not sure if the Boss one that will daisy chain out from the tu-2 will be ok or whether I need the proper Line 6 one. Any one know?

Also the light is always flashing on the Echo Park I know it has tap tempo is this right or should there just be a mode when it stays solidly lit.

Thanks guys.

20. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Nice work! It must be fun using that board on a gig or at a jam!