Finally, my very own Fodera!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mz91, Jul 28, 2004.

1. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Hey All,

A dream came true yesterday in that i finally got a Fodera. :hyper:

Its a Monarch made in late 1991! Mahogany Body, Ebony board, Zebrawood top, Fodera electronics, Bartolini Pups!

The best part is, that its in excellent condition. Yesterday the seller and me got together at my place. I was surprised at first to see the case was in excellent shape. But when he opened it i was literally blown away! The bass was in MINT condition. As if it had hardly been played! Hardly any scratches and Not a ding in it!!!

I was eager to see what all the Fodera "Fuss" was about. All the fodera talk was justified when i started playing it! Simply an AMAZING bass. Its by far the most easily playable 4 string i have ever laid hands on! I played it awhile through my EDEN WT300 and Epifani 2*12. It sounded SOOOOO GOOOD! It definately had a "Vintage" type tone when set flat. But i could dial in *Anything* with the controls. I am still trying to find a Slap setting i like!

I like the fact that it doesnt have an "exotic" top.

The bass in my opinion is a STEAL!!!! Especially here in europe! Its so rare to find a Fodera on the used market. Especially one like this!

I think ill call it "Livia" after my girlfriend :D

Thanks go to Jared who answered all my questions prior to getting the bass!!

Naturally, some pictures....

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hey man no prob, I just hope I helped. I am glad you liked it. :) If you ever decide to sell it let me know first. ;)
  3. mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland

Will do Jared...

But i really doubt ill ever do something like that :smug: .

Literally Fell in Love with this thing yesterday :D
  4. I've never seen a burst finish on zebrawood before. Looks surprisingly good.
  5. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Very classy looking bass.
  6. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
  7. Looks like a Carvin...

JUST KIDDING! Nice bass. Congrats. :bassist:
  8. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Very cool. I've never seen a burst finish over zebra wood before, very classy! I just got my first Fodera a few weeks ago, they are amazing.
  9. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  10. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    how true that is! I've not yet seen such a hi-end bass used for sale even though I quite frequently look on the used instruments sites here and ebay Germany... you really lucked out on this... :cool: Be happy with it! :D
  11. Congratulations on your fine purchase and welcome to the club !! :D
  12. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Wow! Nice one. The burst on zebrawood looks great, and the ebony goes with it perfectly.

13. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Great looking bass. I finally got to play a Monarch a couple of weeks ago and it was killer......

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    congrats! looks great, man!
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That thing looks sweet! Congrats, man.:cool:
  16. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Visually I find that thing to be stunning, I always thought Zebrawood was an exotic top? The Bart pickups should add some warmth to the tone, I played a Monarch with EMGs and found them a bit "zingy" for my tastes. Congrats! Foderas with Barts seem to be rare.
  17. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    The one I just scored (which is the Monarch Elite pictured on the Fodera website) has Barts as well. The clarity of the tone is remarkable.
  18. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Your new Fodera looks KILLER! Stunning. Congrats! What is it replacing, or what company is it also keeping?
  19. Amoilbasso

Apr 22, 2000