Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

finally ordered my Bergie HT112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Oct 4, 2002.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    used from a fellow TB'er.

should get it next wednesday.

yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!

er uh, WHOO HOO!!!

now, i'm bergie all the way! with an HT212 and an HT112...

be fun to try both at rehearsal.

f

2. Congrats, I might be getting one down the road.

F,
    Take a look at my question string on the 2402 amp setting and let me know what yours are if you have time. Thanks
    Please include the gain setting on the amp too.

3. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Way to go, you won't regret it. The one-hand portability is really convenient and the tweeter in the HT112 is especially nice.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Fred......I've been throwing the Bergie 1/12 on top of my Bergie 2/12 and they sound awesome together! The 1/12 is a more focused cab, and combined with the massive low end of the 2/12 it makes one badass cab.......I bought it for small gigs & rehearsals......but at 39 pounds, what the heck....I bring it to most gigs:) Mmmmmm 39 pounds:D

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I'm envious! :)

I want two of those cabs bad, but the finance department says 'no way' at the moment. I'd appreciate it a lot if you would report on how the HT112 handles the lower notes...

7. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    thanks all,

i'll report how it handles my soon to be newly upgraded lightwave zon 5 string fretless with built-in roland interface into my v-bass.

YOW!

:cool:

f

8. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I hate you! ;)

9. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    hate never tasted so guud!

f

10. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Then you won't mind a second helping. :p

:)

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Has to be heard to be believed. There's no way you'll be really ready for how well that little box reproduces the B string. Yer in for a treat. Clean and tight with amazing low end.

12. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Anders, I find that a Bergantino HT112 alone, while it sounds great, is a little thin at the very low end. The notes are all there, they just don't shake the floor. So I use my HT112 in combination with an EX112, and really like the combination.

When I use just one 112 cabinet, I use an Epifani T-112. It does shake the floor, and has a nice full low end from E down to B.

(I know, it's overkill having both Epifani and Bergantino 112s, but I like them both so much I can't decide which to keep and which to sell, so I've kept them all...)

13. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    bben, thanks for the report! I almost always play with a PA, so definition and a good sound is more important than thundering low end. Possibly I'd buy two cabinets, that should help a bit with the low end I think. I'm considering the EA 1x12" as well, but it is a bit bigger and heavier, so... :confused:

14. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Well, with an HT112, definition and good sound you will definitely get!

(I don't have the good fortune to play through a PA most of the time, so a second 112 brings the booty I need. I am currently using the one-Epifani setup as a practice rig.)

I haven't tried the EA 112, but am curious about it, too. I did use the Bergantino HT112 plus Epifani T-112 for stage sound at an outdoor gig, and the combination worked really well. That was before I got the EX112.