Finally ordered my new rig...what do you think ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Floschi123, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Hi folks !

This is my first post on TalkBass. So a warm hello to all of you. You rule most of the time ;).
    So I ordered a new rig which consists out of

1 x Warwick X-Treme Head (1000 watts into 4 Ohm)
    1x Warwick 115 Pro (1x15")
    1x Warwick 411 Pro (4x10" + Tweeter)

and because I was in the mood of spending money i put a wonderful Ibanez BTB 405QM in transparent black on top of it.
    So, what are your opinions about it ? Am i cool ? ;) Did i make the mistake of my life ?

2. Hi, welcome to TB, your in for a long blast of knowledge and opinions from a fine group of music lovers and gear heads. Take your time and read and use the search function and feel free to PM (private email) just about anyone here. There is thousands of years of experience and you actually save yourself a lot of money and especially time and GRIEF!

I never used any of the gear you just bought but I'm sure you must have liked it. It looks like it will be a killer rig. You have a lot of speakers to push your sound. There are tons of factors when buying gear and you can access a lot that right here as I stated above. Most of all, have FUN playin' MUSIC!

Number One First lesson Grasshopper

G.A.S. = Gear Acquisition Syndrome.
    Highly contagious, Very Expensive, Activates Impulsive spending, Causes Sleepless Nights, Can and has caused divorces and heated arguments. Be Ware of the GAS!
  3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

welcome to TB !! :D
    that looks like a very nice setup ... got pics ? :cool:
  4. Hi !

Thanks for your replies.
    No pics yet because I have just ordered it. But i will post pictures when the stuff arrives.

5. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    I am very curious as to the tone of this setup...when you get it please repost as to what your impressions are. Welcome to TB BTW and congrats on the new set up. :D
  6. Aslan

Sep 20, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Any comments on the setup? Satisfied? Any pics?
  7. You must show pics, every time you post about a new rig. We love some eye candy.
  8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

I have played the Ibanez, and it is a fine bass. You'll like it.

As far as being cool.....Warwick gear is not "cool" around my parts. Alot of being cool is how you use what you have too.

9. Well, I have always liked the Warwick Corvettes and Fortresses. Hopefully their amps will do you proud. Now about the Ibanez....*makes a bad cough cover-up while saying the word "Fender"* is a great bass!

Congrats, and for anyone who might care, I just got a Sansamp BDDI and LOVE IT!!!

Peace. :bassist:
  10. I am interested in the pro-tube heads because they use a power tube in a preamp capacity to drive the solid state output devices and emulate power tube saturation. Sounds cool on paper anyway. I also dig the fact warwick sells a powered sub to match their bass cabs. very cool.
  11. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Although I'm not really familiar with Warwcik's amp gear, looks to me like you have all the amp you'll ever need.

Have fun making your guitarist beg for mercy! :D
  12. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I've always really liked Warwick's amps. That sounds like a sweet rig.
  13. Sorry I don't know WW amps, must be fine.
    But when I think the best for amps, Glockenklang comes to my mind...
    You are lucky to live in Germany.
    If one day you could try the Space bass preamp or the Merlin amp from Musician Sound Design (Köln) tell me something about please, cause it seems nice to me.
    Best regards
  14. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Welcome to TalkBass!!

Listen to Big String, he is wise! There is so very much information here, and a lot of great minds and bass players. Do a search of the gear you have here and I'm sure you'll be able to get any info you need, and if not, just ask, everyone is so willing to help here. I'm so glad I found this place a few years back, helped me out emensly.

As for the warwick amps and cabs, I've never played them, but I'm sure they are nothing less then great. I play a warwick bass and it is the love of my life, if their amps are nearly as amazing as their bass' then you'll be in heaven.