Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally Peavey Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alla, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Alla

Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Italy
    Finally I try the peavey cirrus 6 .....
    boys and girls a BIG BASS with BIG TONES and GREEEAAAT SHAPE .... I love it. "Only" 1300 $ for that beauty ..... My only doubt is that I never play a 6 string .... I feel it very comfortable in my hands .. but ..... Do you think is only i'm not used and I will learn to play and .... 1300 $ are not cheap !!
    Please feel free to write your opinion !!!
    THX !!

2. i can't comment on the peavey as i haven't tried it yet, but its possible to adapt to anything if you give it enough time and practice.

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I too was blown away by the peavey Cirrus bass. That thing kicks. I just bought a new bass Tuesday (july 10th) and it was between the Cirrus and the Ernie ball musicman Stingray5... I in the end went with the stingray5, I love the way it looks and feels,.... not to mention the sound of this beast. But Yeas The Cirrus is a tasty treat, I would get one if I were you. Maybe after I get a really nice rig (SVT!!!!!) I will grab a cirrus.. but I love my stingray... it is sooo.. oh wait the cirrus.. yeah its a great bass..

Peaceout

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ma no!!! brocco!!! ma che cazzo te ne fai di un cirrus!!! con quel nome lì non suonera una fava!!!
    altro che cirro...prendi il mio super spector!!!

dai che devo comprare il t-bird!!!!!

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    umm, what????

6. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    $1300 isn't a bad price for a new Cirrus 6. In fact, that is what I paid for my Cirrus 5.

I personally love my Cirrus. I have yet to find a bass who's tone I like more, or one with a faster neck. I can't find on thing to complain about with mine. It is one bass that I will never part with.

I didn't quite understand your question, I assume you aren't quite sure that you want/need a 6 string?? If you don't know about a 6, then why not check into a 4 or 5 string Cirrus?? I am sure that you would be able to adapt easily to the 6 string, but you need to ask yourself if you need that high C string or not. If not, then you could save yourself some money by going with the 4 or 5 string. Whichever one you decide on, you will be getting a great bass.

Ryan

7. The Cirrus 6 is a wonderful bass! I've got a fretless Cirrus 6 that I've owned for 12-14 months, and that bass has treated me very, very well. The fretted ones are cool, too. $1300 is a good price (I got mine for $1200).

My only gripe was about the electronics - close, but not quite there. I really don't like the frequency at which they've set the midrange - honking and unmusical in my opinion. Maybe my problem had to do with my body woods selection (walnut/wenge)...

I've since jumped to a Lakland D55-94, which I adore, but I still get a kick out of the Cirrus 6.

8. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    It might be that it is the woods. I haven't noticed this problem with the mids on mine. I have the maple/alder one.

9. Going from 5 to 6 is a lot easier than going from 4 to 5. What are you used to?

10. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I tried one and liked it a lot. It's the next best bass you can get for that money but a step behind the Yamaha TRB-6P.

11. Alla

Alla

Sep 25, 2000
    Italy
    Barroso cazzo ma te me le fai le rate ?
    E poi un 6 corde è un 6 corde !!
    Per di più lo amo!
    Ehi guys Thx for your advice .....

12. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ma sì alla !!!!
    sono felice come un pirla ho appena comprato il thunderbird....viulenza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    very nice.. i tried a Peavey Cirrus 5... VERY VERY VERY VERY NICE bass! I LOVE the feel of them.. much better than the Modulus basses :)

DM