Finally... pics of my cheap fenders!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Aug 20, 2001.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Alright peoples.... here they are.... I know they are cheap, but they are mine. We can't all be like Nino and JT with way too many way expensive basses. I wonder if all of my basses and all of my mods on them would even come close to one of theirs... Oh well, hear the jealousy pours through my voice. I put Dimarzio Model J's in the Geddy Lee and the Sunburst, and a Badass II on the Sunburst. I am still looking for some nice 5 string hbuckers for the 5, and maybe a new bridge.

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    The sunburst....

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... and the 5 string ....

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Nice Fenders, man.:)

The important thing is not what they cost, but do they make you happy?

A $125 Squier is great if it makes you happy.

5. What colour is the 5 string

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    the 5 is fenders midnight blue.... I would love to get another in the midnight wine, but that'll have to wait. Sorry the pictures are so crappy, I spend more time playing 'em then photo-ing 'em:D

Thanks for the nod embellisher, but I am sure the rest of us with cheap basses (<500$) would love to know what it's like to own basses that are better than 1000$. Maybe I shouldn't have picked up all these and just bought one nice one! Naaaahhhh... Must..... Have....... Many........... Basses.........

:D

7. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Mmm... Jazz Bass...

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Is that a perloid pickguard on the first bass??? I love perloid pickguards.... they are so tasty :D

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, on the GL... its that one that is kinda Black/Grey, and is really kick-butt.... Then I put a new pickguard on the sunburst, and it looks great too.... I always replace the guards, I really haven't found to many white guards that I thought looked really good.... Just haven't gotten to it on the 5 string...

10. Very nice. I especially like the PG on the Geddy Lee and the midnight blue on the 5er.