Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally... pics of my cheap fenders!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pmkelly, Aug 20, 2001.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Alright peoples.... here they are.... I know they are cheap, but they are mine. We can't all be like Nino and JT with way too many way expensive basses. I wonder if all of my basses and all of my mods on them would even come close to one of theirs... Oh well, hear the jealousy pours through my voice. I put Dimarzio Model J's in the Geddy Lee and the Sunburst, and a Badass II on the Sunburst. I am still looking for some nice 5 string hbuckers for the 5, and maybe a new bridge.

2. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    The sunburst....

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    ... and the 5 string ....

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice Fenders, man.:)

The important thing is not what they cost, but do they make you happy?

A $125 Squier is great if it makes you happy.

5. What colour is the 5 string

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    the 5 is fenders midnight blue.... I would love to get another in the midnight wine, but that'll have to wait. Sorry the pictures are so crappy, I spend more time playing 'em then photo-ing 'em:D

Thanks for the nod embellisher, but I am sure the rest of us with cheap basses (<500$) would love to know what it's like to own basses that are better than 1000$. Maybe I shouldn't have picked up all these and just bought one nice one! Naaaahhhh... Must..... Have....... Many........... Basses.........

:D

7. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Mmm... Jazz Bass...

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Is that a perloid pickguard on the first bass??? I love perloid pickguards.... they are so tasty :D

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah, on the GL... its that one that is kinda Black/Grey, and is really kick-butt.... Then I put a new pickguard on the sunburst, and it looks great too.... I always replace the guards, I really haven't found to many white guards that I thought looked really good.... Just haven't gotten to it on the 5 string...

10. Very nice. I especially like the PG on the Geddy Lee and the midnight blue on the 5er.