Finally, pics of my new Lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ScottyBoy, Dec 30, 2005.

1. I have had this for about 3 - 4 months but have not taken any pictures until now.

Its a Lakland 55-01 dlx maple fretboard with quilt maple top.

I got it shipped over to Australia from the Bass Emporium ( in Texas. This is a wrap for them - great service.

Must have been new old stock as they havent made the 55-01 with the deluxe top for a while. It was definately in brand spanking new condtion. Needless to say I love it.

Attached Files:

2. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Wow! Congratulations on a great looking bass.
  3. score dude, way to go. its beautiful, love the quilt maple top
  4. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Sweet Congrats.....all you guys with the new bass are giving me G.A.S....
  5. Just as an add-on. I finally got round to doing the action today. I think it had been sitting in the bass shop for a while before I got it and the trip to australia without its neck on probably didnt do it any favours - I wasnt happy with the action but after I set it up today - Wow!

I love a low action and play accordingly. I have never had a bass that easy to set up low. It plays brilliant! I followed the specs Lakland use at the factory to set relief but then I lowered the strings more compared to factory specs. I am so happy with it. Its just not buzzing!

Also, in my opinion - the 55-01 sounds a lot like a musicman - which is a good thing in my book.
  6. Sorax

Sep 9, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Awesome. Glad to see nice basses aren't out of our reach down here.
  7. I've played this bass, and yes it's definitely a winner. Everything about it blew me away, especially the meticulously low action :p These basses are really great value for money.

Scott, if you ever go mad and decide to sell this bass, I got dibs :D
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I love the top on that bass. It really makes it look high end.
    I have a 55-01 with the regular natural wood and maple neck/fretboard. When I first got it the action was low and there was a lot of clacking going on. It took me a little while but after a little neck relief, some saddle height adjusting, and some DR Highbeams she plays like a dream.
    I put a Bartolini NTMB in mine and kept the stock pickips.
    On the neck pickup I can get that P bass like tone and with the bridge pickup I can get a nice growl when I dig in. Since I got her setup right I love my 55-01.