Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally, pictures of my REX!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PanteraFan, Feb 8, 2003.

1. Been a while since I got it, but here are the(bad) photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the obligatory upskirt shot:

[​IMG]

Cheers,

PF

2. looks sweet, man.
    i like the black stain WAY better than holoflash. holoflash give me the creeps.

3. Hey what is that you stuck on it down by the bridge there?

4. iut's one of those handy pick-dispenser things. it's spring-loaded and holds a bunch of picks. they're pretty convenient; my guitarist stuck one on the side of his head (not his HEAD, his amp-head. you know what i mean!!!)

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    How does that thing balance?

Those pick holders are way nice. I put one on the back of my jazz on battery cover.

6. ah, no wonder I didnt know, I dont use picks.

Congrats!!! I forgot to say that before!

I also own a REX, and as for the balance, there is some neck dive, but I use a wide leather strap and it helps negate most of it. Not near as bad as the dive on my Explorer.

7. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    nice eh! any spector owner is a friend of mine!:D

8. Very nice bass man. Wish I could afford a Spector :(

9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    COngrats. The bass is really nice looking!!!!

10. Rexs are awesome. I love mine more than any bass I've ever played. As for the neck dive, if you don't like it you might want to try moving the strap buttons. The buttons on mine have been moved and the balance is pretty good, not as good as my jazz, but definitely very tolerable. Anyways, Rexs rock, hope you like yours.

11. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Nice bass there! That Black Stain is nice!!! I like Sanctum's Blue Stain too! Mine is Holoflash - I just love that Kaleidoscope type effect (I'm still finding colurs on it)

I have one of those pick holders too. Not stuck to the bass or anything, just in the case and it keeps my picks tidy - although as I use 2mm jobs it only takes 3!