Finally- RAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dryheatbob, Mar 11, 2006.

1. It's been something like 150 days since it's rained here in the desert, and man do we need it! With some luck it'll be a slow rain that soaks into what ever collection system we have and doesn't just run off into the desert.

2. Here. You can have some of ours. We have more than we really need.

Rock on
  3. nick g.

nick g. Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2003
    Chandler, Arizona
    Did you hear about the SNOW in north Scottsdale?
  4. Good Lord... I can just see the Humvee's. Beemer's and Jags piled up in every intersection! The carnage! The missed power lunches! The horror of it all!:eek:

Actually, I work in n. Scottsdale and I know it really isn't like that everywhere, but being a westsider, I gotsta take my jabs.:bag:

How much snow, anyway? Enough to make a few slush balls? I haven't heard a thing about that. I've got a good chunk of my yard under water. good day for hanging out with the kids and playin' bass.

5. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I was going to start a post, glad I searched first. I am so happy it is raining:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: , may we never set a no-rain record again. This is also a good way to see who else is in AZ. I cant believe how cold it is too. Anyway, let us enjoy it while we can.
  6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Theres yardwork in the desert?
  7. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Yes, if you dont mind spending an extra couple hundred a year on water.:smug:

8. Bah. Paint the crushed rock green in the summer, white in the winter. BAM! Instant seasons. Save the water fot the pool.

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I am so glad to finally see rain! The dirt/dust in the air has been killing me for the last 140 odd days!

Let us all pray that it is a good one because who knows when we will see it again.