1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finally Satisfied with my Gear

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Basszillajay, Nov 30, 2006.

1. MTD Lower Models

12.3%
  2. Warwick

28.4%
  3. StringRay

50.0%
  4. Spector

16.0%
  5. Carvin

10.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. After years of trying to find the right sound and the a feel that would give me that ultimate high, I found it. My gear:

a. Warwick Corvette Standard 5
    b. My SKB Rack which includes
    1. GK Backline 600 - Don't laugh he has company
    2. BBE Sonic Maximizer
    3. Sans Pre-Amp Phat Sound Tube that is
    4.Furman Power Conditioner
    5. Korg Digital in rack Turner

b. Amp Cabs - 4x10 svthe 1x15 stacked

you can check me out on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/basszillajay

Interested in meeting great bass players. I'm always looking to learn.

Let me know what you think about the gear?

2. I've played a high end carvin, felt very solid had great tone, I liked it. Haven't played the other so can say anything there.
    great grear you have there!

3. kinda ironic that you say you love warwick and no one has voted for it yet.shame..

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think Music man is consistently the best for under $2,000. The only problem is that many don't like the tone and some don't like the string spacing on their fives. For Fender style instruments, the most consistent is probably the Lakland Skyline series although Fender itself can be great, especially if you are looking at the nicer MIM and CIJ basses in the $650-$800 range. I think the best "modern or hi fi" bass for under $2,000 is the Peavey Cirrus by a wide margin.:)

5. Musicman and Warwick. I love both their basses.

6. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    Had to go with the Wick first, but Musicman is a STRONG second for me.:D

7. Dincrest

Dincrest Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I had to go Warwick also since I too have a Corvette Standard (4-string active) and it's awesome.

And I use a GK head as well. I use a 400RB and a Hartke VX115 cab. Yeah, most people think that cab's a piece of dog poo, but I think my rig sounds awesome. It's funny... when I browse TalkBass, my rig seems like junk in comparison to others' rigs but once I'm out in the real world, playing shows with other band, it's like "hey, my rig's pretty good."

For me, if I couldn't have a Warwick and had to choose one of those, I'd go with Spector. Every Spector I've played has been awesome.

8. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Cirrus basses can dish it out with any of those.

9. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Welcome to TB :cool:

I didn't give a vote because I don't really care for any of those basses, therefore I wouldn't spend any money on them. They're are all decent, though, guess it's just a matter of what feels good to you ....

But it is a nice feeling when your gear needs are set, isn't it? I feel the same way, very happy with my stuff, so it's nice to be able to drool over the pics here knowing full well that I really don't want or need anything else ... well, at least for today, anyhow ;)

10. Trust me more people are playing Warwick. the Musicman Stringray because of the age. Warwick will pass Stringray in the polls before the nite is done..

Robert Johnson

11. ebasss

ebasss

Aug 7, 2006
    El Paso
    I love Carvins they're great basses I just think they are exactly for me, so I don't dislike any of the other choices.

12. Out of your choices listed, I'd say Warwick. I've played some incredible Spectors, but they were high end ones that cost well over $2000. Musicmans are good, just not really my style. Even though I have a 5-string fretless Carvin, I've never really been impressed with them overall. They do offer some nice finishes and choices of woods, though.

13. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Finally satisfied with gear...

Let's talk in a year and see.

14. +1 for Carvin. sound,look and feel great. Plus there customizable for you,the bassist.Don't judge one before you play one.

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Great gear you have there! Welcome to talkbass. I clicked your MySpace page and I'm really enjoying your music.

I have no opinion on the best bass for $2000 as I don't own anything near that price point - I play MIJ Fender and I'm happy.

16. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    A Dingwall Afterburner I is better by far (in my opinion) and should be in the below $2000 category.

All of the poll entries are respectable choices.

17. all but one of the poll choices is a brand; only the stingray is a specific model. i think it speaks volumes of SR's and SR5's that they would be faring so well against all sub-$2K warwicks, spectors, carvins, and mtds

18. I want to add Ibanez to the Poll. I'm new to this how do I edit to add other bass guitars. I also have a Ibanez SRX705
    nice low and high end but my Warwick is my bass of choice.

Thank you all for your comments.

19. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    Frist, this thread doesn't make any since to me, if you are satisfied why the poll, but you have a poll so I must click. And add my pointless opinion. pointless because in terms of 4 stringers I'm satisfied with what I have. So, out of what you have in the poll I like Music man the best, I like the sound of the MTD Lower Models but hate the neck shape. But if I was to go out and get a 4 stringer in a store right now it would be a G&L, a yamaha or a Ibanez.

20. mobax

mobax

Dec 31, 2002
    New Baltimore, MI
    +1 and I've never played a HH or HS.