Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally sell my multi FX? and go for single ones..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Mar 15, 2006.

1. hey..

Just wanted to ask what you think of this idea.

I have a Boss GT 6-B, EHX Bass Micro Synth, Boss ODB-3 and EHX Tube Zipper.
    I also have got a Pedalboard now, and so far the Boss GT6-B takes away so much space.
    Another thing is, I do not need that much.
    I need a ABY-Box, to run a clean and a distorted (ODB-3) signal into the two different inputs of my Mesa 400+, a Tuner, Compressor, Flanger and Delay.

So I am right now thinking of finally selling it.

A fried offered me 300 Euros for it. It's 2 years old, but it's in quite good condition.
    Do you think this is a good deal or would I get more cash if I put it on ebay?

Thanks a lot..

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I would look on Ebay to see what they're selling for, first. If you can get more than 300, auction that sucker. If you sell it to a friend, though, you probably have less chance of getting ripped off. I think it's a good idea to sell it, anyway. Singles are almost always more versatile and you can replace them one at a time if you ever want to. Be prepared for a lot of trial and error though. Good luck.

3. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    off topic...but what a/b/y box do you use? I am interested in picking one up for the same purpose but dont know which one to chose.

4. no problem! :)

at the time I just use my Boss GT6-B Multi effect for this purpose! It has two outputs.
    So it goes: bass->GT6B->output 1: clean signal to Input 2 of Mesa
    and... output 2->boss odb3-> Input 1 of Mesa (bright)

this way, you can't switch between A or B or A+B.
    It's alway A+B. With the odb3 off, 2 clean signals, with it on, a clean and a distorted one.

If I sell the GT6-B I will probably buy the Morley AB/Y box.
    In my area there is nothing else I think and it's not too expencive.

Sorry, my sig says, I already have it, but I decieded not to buy it, because at the time I can use my Multi Effect for this.
    have to correct this...

greets

5. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm having this dilemma about the gt6 also.
    I bought it naively a few years back thinking
    "I'll never need anything else again!"

However, I also run-
    a deep impact (got that first because the gt6 synths suck!)
    a pbddi (call that amp modelling boss?)
    and a fulltone bassdrive (overdrive, boss, overdrive.. ...what
    were you thinking ?)
    and a seperate compressor (Yup lame compressors too)
    running through an aby box. and then the gt6 on a seperate loop.
    I'd love to get rid of it as.... it's big and weighs a tonne. But there are some noises it does that have become integral parts of my band what with only being a three peice with singing guitarist. But-there are some things that it does that i adore and as a noise box I'd find it impossible to replace. Some of those patches I lost weeks of time in tweaking together....
    It's a ridiculous setup... ...but I seem to be stuck with it for now.

6. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    I selled my GT6 and I'm buying a Me50b...
    the GT6 is too much complicated for me...:meh:

7. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I've tried to like multi-effect/modeling units but I always go back to multiple single units. I don't always use everything for every gig, and I like to have immediate access to my effects. While the multi's are getting better, there's just no substitute for having a chorus (or whatever) right at your fingertips. I think single duty pedals do their duty better, too.