Finally sell my multi FX? and go for single ones..

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Terrorstorm, Mar 15, 2006.

1. hey..

Just wanted to ask what you think of this idea.

I have a Boss GT 6-B, EHX Bass Micro Synth, Boss ODB-3 and EHX Tube Zipper.
    I also have got a Pedalboard now, and so far the Boss GT6-B takes away so much space.
    Another thing is, I do not need that much.
    I need a ABY-Box, to run a clean and a distorted (ODB-3) signal into the two different inputs of my Mesa 400+, a Tuner, Compressor, Flanger and Delay.

So I am right now thinking of finally selling it.

A fried offered me 300 Euros for it. It's 2 years old, but it's in quite good condition.
    Do you think this is a good deal or would I get more cash if I put it on ebay?

Thanks a lot..
  2. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I would look on Ebay to see what they're selling for, first. If you can get more than 300, auction that sucker. If you sell it to a friend, though, you probably have less chance of getting ripped off. I think it's a good idea to sell it, anyway. Singles are almost always more versatile and you can replace them one at a time if you ever want to. Be prepared for a lot of trial and error though. Good luck.
  3. bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    off topic...but what a/b/y box do you use? I am interested in picking one up for the same purpose but dont know which one to chose.
  4. no problem! :)

at the time I just use my Boss GT6-B Multi effect for this purpose! It has two outputs.
    So it goes: bass->GT6B->output 1: clean signal to Input 2 of Mesa
    and... output 2->boss odb3-> Input 1 of Mesa (bright)

this way, you can't switch between A or B or A+B.
    It's alway A+B. With the odb3 off, 2 clean signals, with it on, a clean and a distorted one.

If I sell the GT6-B I will probably buy the Morley AB/Y box.
    In my area there is nothing else I think and it's not too expencive.

Sorry, my sig says, I already have it, but I decieded not to buy it, because at the time I can use my Multi Effect for this.
    have to correct this...

5. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm having this dilemma about the gt6 also.
    I bought it naively a few years back thinking
    "I'll never need anything else again!"

However, I also run-
    a deep impact (got that first because the gt6 synths suck!)
    a pbddi (call that amp modelling boss?)
    and a fulltone bassdrive (overdrive, boss, overdrive.. ...what
    were you thinking ?)
    and a seperate compressor (Yup lame compressors too)
    running through an aby box. and then the gt6 on a seperate loop.
    I'd love to get rid of it as.... it's big and weighs a tonne. But there are some noises it does that have become integral parts of my band what with only being a three peice with singing guitarist. But-there are some things that it does that i adore and as a noise box I'd find it impossible to replace. Some of those patches I lost weeks of time in tweaking together....
    It's a ridiculous setup... ...but I seem to be stuck with it for now.
  6. Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    I selled my GT6 and I'm buying a Me50b...
    the GT6 is too much complicated for me...:meh:
  7. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I've tried to like multi-effect/modeling units but I always go back to multiple single units. I don't always use everything for every gig, and I like to have immediate access to my effects. While the multi's are getting better, there's just no substitute for having a chorus (or whatever) right at your fingertips. I think single duty pedals do their duty better, too.