1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

finally set on a rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rycebag, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    so i finally figured out again that i want the m-pulse 600..haha. and i also want to get the ph2x10 and 1x15 both 8ohm cabs so i can get the full 600 watts.but since i dont have enough money right now to get everything i was wondering which cab would be best to get first? im only going to be jamming with friends and practicing at home. but eventually i want to have both so i can gig.any suggestions on which cab to get first?

2. torkelboy

torkelboy

Feb 24, 2008
    It probably won't matter that much! but if it were up to me, i'd go with the 15".

But in a friendly jam session both of them will most likely get the job done.

It is also a matter of your musicstyle.

3. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    by any chance does any body know how much watts the 1x15 or 2x10 is?

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The 210 is rated at 600 watts. The 115 is probably even higher.

5. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    start with the 210 I say, you'll probably like the tone more

6. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    I'd go w/ the 1x15.

7. i faced a similar decision when starting to build my new rig, I wanted to go w/ Avatar B112 and an Avatar B210 but as money is in short supply I started w/ the B212 to use as a stand alone until I can afford the B210 to stack. Then for the sake of portability i may sell off the B212 to fund a B112. All at 4 ohms to get the most from my Neo Pak.
    To answer your question i would start with the 2x10 then get the 15 down the road. But I don't think you could go wrong either way. My thought process gives the nod to 20" of speaker as apposed to 15"....

8. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    go with the 15!

9. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    The M-pulse 600 with 2x10+1x15 is a mighty fine rig that will cover all of your needs :) Congrats.

Personally I'd go for a 2x10 right now as a stand alone rig. Thats just personal preference - I don't like 1x15's as stand alone rigs.

10. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Ptch, 212, easy!! ;)