Finally, she's MINE!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Daywalker, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Well, I've been noticing a lot of people buying Warwicks in the past week, especialy thumb basses. Well, a friend of mine that works at GC called me friday to tell me about a bass that I just had to see. It was a used 2005 Warwick Thumb 5 in near mint condition that had just come in that morning. They were trying to sell it used for $1899 plus tax, but he hooked it up for $1600OTD with a hardshell case, and a pack of DR High Beams. Time to change the sig now I guess, pics to come soon. L8 :bassist:
  2. vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Congrats on the ax. The thumb 5 kills....
  3. Nice score! I'll be watching for the pics!

I've got a Warwick FNA Jazzman 5-string Fretless coming in about 2 weeks! Can't wait!
  4. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    Wait no longer, here's she is. This has got to be the sexiest Bubinga I've ever seen!!!

My other babies, yet to be shown...

All sleeping...
  5. Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Beautiful bass! Please excuse me while I go touch myself. :bag:
  6. What a beautiful looking family. I'm envious; and impressed! :)
  7. Sorry to change the topic, but how does the 6 pro sound?
  8. Yeah, yeah! Tell us! (I'm getting to be a "Warwick fan" big time, lately.) :D
  9. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Beautiful family you have there. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this amp as well. Love the cab too.
  10. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    I played a gig for a Halloween party saturday night, and people were saying they could hear the bass clearly 2 blocks away! My tone is amazing now, switching from the 2 to the 6 was the best move I ever made for my set-up. And the 610, it's a beast. Almost as good as the 810, but in a smaller and ligher package...
  11. I love the neck-through look of the back! GAS! :D
  12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Very nice. I really like the SSII 5er as well (I will own one someday).
  13. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I guess it's safe to say you like Warwicks??!!
  14. So far!
  15. Is the 6 pro side or back vented?
  16. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    From what I can see, both. There are vents on the sides and in the back...
  17. Congrats!
    The grain on that thumb is sweet!

The last pic is awsome. Three warwicks.....on a warwick stand. :)
  18. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

First of all, wow! Don't normally see a lineup like that outside of a music store! :cool:

Anyway, is it just the way I'm seeing the picture or is this A-string out of place? Looks like it's too close the the E and too far from the D... :confused:
  19. Sometimes people set their srting spacing like that for more room when slappin'.
  20. Beautiful bass. Grats on the great find! I'm just really amazed how much it looks like my Corvette STD in the front!