Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally some good pics of my rig!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Mar 11, 2006.

1. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    here are a couple of pics of my current rig. Bassman 135 w/ two EA CXL112's.....[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. nice rig man. i like those cabs you got alot.

and suprisingly to me myself i like that design you got on your bass. suddel enough to like and flashly enough to be super cool.

3. Wow... I bet that pumps out some old school vintage vibe. What's the story on the 'natural wood' EA cabs?.... very pretty.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sweet looking rig! Those cabs look to be beautiful with the natural finish. How about some pics showing them off a little bit?

5. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I bought them from Steve Azola. He got them unfinished and put the stain on them. I'll take somemore detail pics of the cabs, but here are more pics of my bass.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Sweet bass, sweet cabs.
    -Alex

7. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    holy moly those cabs are very very very sexy. extremely cool looking rig, and i am pretty sure it'll sound sweet too!!!!!!

curious, whats that head worth? i had one similar to it and traded it off in a fit of ignorant anger for pretty much pennies. yep.

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I bought mine three years ago for $250, but I'm seeing them now go for $400 on Ebay...

9. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    ok. i mistook your head ofr a differnt one. mine was a bassman 50 or 100 , i dont recall, and it was older. someone told me not too long ago its good for 5 or 600 easy now.

either way, those cabs are so nice. i LOVE real wood, yet its not very common.

10. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    My Bassman 100 I got on trade was going for $350. Wouldn't pay more than $400 for a 100/135/SuperBassman.

Cool rig - good idea with modern cabs and a vintage head.

11. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Yea, nice Converse All Stars. How many 6L6's in the bassman? I'd like to see that head sitting on top of a matching Fender cab - like the rig McCartney was using on the "roof top" gig. I'm sure your cabs sound great.

Skel

12. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    thanks Skel ...it has four 6L6's

13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I thought those looked like Steve's CxL-112's. Nice. :cool: