Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FInally the Hanewinckel is started!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by willsellout, Oct 22, 2003.

1. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    SO I dropped off the deposit today. The specs are as follows

34"
    Maple/wenge/maple 7 piece neck
    Set Glued neck
    A killer flame goncalo for the fingerboard
    Mahogony body core with a 5A maple quilt top with some cool brown streaks,actually, he said it would be 5 A if it weren't for the brown streaks...so I guess it would be 3 A but it looks killer.
    5 string
    it's all blonde and brown..I think it will look killer. He's also doing his logo with wenge sawdust. I am psyched. I will post progress pics as I get em

Dan

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Which body style? I have a Ceres and an Arpeggio. Ceres and Draken are my favorites.

Peace,

James

3. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    After much thought I ended up going for the Fusion. I think it's a great body.

Dan

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Congrats, Dan. I have a Fusion 7 (Artist) and like it very much.

5. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Cool! Set neck, eh. Congratulations!

6. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Congrats..I'd like to try one of Pete's basses one day, busy now though with a couple of basses from another "Pete."

7. willsellout

Aug 13, 2002
    Astoria, Oregon
    Yeah after talking with him and going back and forth between luthiers, I finally decided that he was where it was at for me. Plus he hooked me up with the set neck upgrade and gave me a good payment option. Super guy. Not to mention his basses are flawless. I love the way they play.

Dan

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    My new one in progress is set neck/bolt-on, sort of a combination of the two. It's a signature 7, semi-hollow body Solaris with piezos and Bart J pups. I'm having trouble being patient! Due around the first of the year. :D

Dan, I totally agree re: Pete and his basses. A great guy who makes great instruments. :cool: