Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by pickinFool, May 28, 2004.

1. pickinFool

pickinFool

Jan 19, 2004
    I've been lurking in this forum for the last few months reading newbie links and other posts in my quest for a new DB. I've been playing a craptastic $600 ebay special bass for the last 4 years so you can only imagine how eagerly I've been shopping around.

I finally got some dough together and drove 3.5 hrs yesterday to audition 2 basses, a Swingmaster and a Shen SB100. I was very impressed with both basses. I decided to take the Shen home with me! I must say that all the praise the Shen gets on this forum is well deserved. It has a great tone and feel all up and down the neck and I love how lightweight it is also. The Engelhardt was nice too. I just preferred the feel of the Shen's fingerboard and neck.

Thanks to Chris F. for putting together the newbie links! They were a tremendous help to me in my research!

Dave

2. Dave, it's great to see somebody use and get results from Chris' hard work. Yours is a great example of the intention and result of why the Newbie Links are there. Take heart Newbies! And the beauty is, you don't have to be a newbie to reap the benefits.

3. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Yeah, the Newbie links are AWESOME!!!

But to me, it seems that they are more understood by... Someone who knows whats going on...

Like I am a BIG TIME Newbie, Im talking Newbie all the way... And when I read the Newbie links, I only get more questions! Which isnt a bad thing at all, it just kinda shows how much I have to learn.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Congratulations on your new purchase! I have two students with Shens, and both are very happy with their basses. I'm sure the time will come when they start looking again, but when that time comes, it will be for the right reasons (i.e. - NOT because they got CTS or tendonitis from playing some eBay BSO). I've been quite impressed with both of those basses, and would recommend them to anyone just starting out. Glad you found a good step up, and glad the links were of assistance. Welcome to TB. :)