finaly got some pictures of my stuff

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cjazz50, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Click on the pictures for larger ones.

The Modulus:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. The (used to be a) Fender:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    That is some nice stuff you have there, cjazz. The Modulus is beautiful.
  4. BTBbassist

BTBbassist join us for mankala hour!

Apr 20, 2002
    Westlake Village, CA
    That's one of the classiest Moduli I've seen yet. Cool gear man.
  5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    thats a pretty big poweramp to be driving such a small cab!!!! Oh wait,,, i see wires going away from it,,must be powering something else?
  6. No, that amp is powering the EA speaker. The wires you see are the power cords. It's probably more power than I need, but I like having the headroom. I would like something lighter though. That thing weighs about 40 lbs!

BTW PollyBass, I like your avatar! I'm really into Akira myself.
  7. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I have never wanted a Modulas until I saw that one. Very Very pretty.
  8. floydman

floydman Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    wow your modulus is beautiful. nice rig too. what kind of top is on your modulus? thanks
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Nice looking stuff you got there! I can only imagine the sounds you caress outta there! What makes that P a "former" Fender?
  10. Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    Beautiful Mod my man. Can't wait for mine. Makes me want it even more:D

11. Hey Johnalex, that's a sweet avatar... for me to poop on!!!
  12. I'm curious, to echo floydman's question, what are the woods used in the Modulus. That's probably the most gorgeous Mod. I've seen. Does your EA bottom compare similarly to their older VL210?
  13. The top is walnut, the back is alder and the fingerboard is grenadillo.

Well, the only thing original on the bass is the body wood and the pickguard. Everything else has been replaced (warmoth neck, EMG pickup, new pots, badass II bridge, dunlop straplocks). In a week or so, I'm adding a EMG 35DC in the bridge position so it won't sound even remotely like a Fender P. :D

I can't really say, as I've never played through the VL210. This is the only high end bass cab I've ever owned. The only other high end cab I've tried is the Aguilar 1x12. Compared to the Aguilar , the EA sounds more clear and in your face, whereas the Aguilar sounded more warm and fat. But keep in mind, I didn't try them side by side with the same amp.
  14. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    i have to agree about the Mod.

that's one sweet lookin top.

15. You no longer need to imagine. :D

Stella by Starlight

I made this with a guitar player friend of mine. (btw, he's playing through my WM12) It was recorded with two Shure SM57s into a Mackie mixer, then into my computer.
  16. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    I don't know a lot about amps so I can't comment on them, but that Modulus is amazing. Must have cost you a pretty penny, but I'm sure it was all worth it.

What I would do for a bass like that.....