find a base amp?!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yoda Masta, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Yoda Masta

Yoda Masta

Feb 14, 2005
    ive been looking all over the net for a bass amp that is anywhere around 100w and around my $150 dollar price range. are there any? or is my search pointless. i even looked on ebay and stuff, i cant find any. like do u know any sites i could get good amps from

and another question (im sure i sould like an idiot but i cant help it) do regular guitar/acoustic amps work for basses or are those a whole different thing?
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I'm sure if you hunt you can find a used Peavy TNT in that price range, There ugly, they sound OK, but they are loud. There are thousands of them in church's scattered across the country. Great amp to start on, they've been around for years!!! I'm sure the cruise ship entertainment on the Ark (Noah's) probably had one with a Shure vocalmaster to get the animals attention! Good cheap used sound, the Peavy TNT. I think Low Down Sound by me has one, sitting in the corner
  3. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Base Amp (in your subject)? Sorry, had to point it out... :D ;)
  4. SirPoonga

Jan 18, 2005

300W but only $150 if you don't mind a cosmetic defect. I'm thinking of getting one of these.

If you don;t mind a scratch here or there watch for refurbished and blemish stock items at zzsounds, musiciansfriend, etc...
  5. "Pointless" for anything worth while......MHO