Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Find my GS210 a partner!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by silentstranger, Dec 8, 2002.

1. I will soon be acquiring an 8ohm Aggie GS210, and I'm wondering what to pair it with. I'm considering a GS115, GS212, and GS410. I've also heard some good things about Bag End 15's, but I don't know much about those. Trying any of these out is not really a possibility. This thread isn't so much a "tell me what to get!", rather a "tell me what you've tried and liked, and what it sounded like". Basically, sell me on something with your eloquent descriptions :D I'll be running them with an Eden Navigator and a QSC RMX 1450 or 1850HD. Thanks.

2. Hey Dave,
    I have a GS210 paired with a GS212. It's great. Very clean, clear, loud and punchy. I highly recommend it. I'm using an SWR SM-900.

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Hey Dave,
    I just recently got a GS410 and a GS210 so that i can have the 210 for small gigs and the 410 for larger and both for big/outdoor ones...I have to say that the 410 can get low and loud! I was torn between the 210/212 combo and the 210/410 and just felt that, for volume challenged guitarists, that the 210/410 would be the way to go. I know Mr. Siff is very happy with the 212 bottom as well. Either way, I dont think you can go wrong with the Aguilar cabs, thats for sure..

Tommy

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I have both a GS410 and a GS 115. I HIGHLY recommend a GS410 to go with your 210 as opposed to the GS115. The GS115 doesn't project nearly as much low end as the GS410 does, IMO.

The GS410 is exceptional, and the GS115 is average as far as 15's go.

BTW: There's one of each on Ebay right now that you might want to check out.

5. Thanks for the replies, guys.
    I think I'm leaning toward the 2x12 now, as it seems it would be a nice compromise between the 115 and 410 in sound, volume, price and "F'n heavy"-ness. I've been keeping an eye on the 115 and 410 on Ebay for several days now; if the 410 had stayed at $400 instead of jumping to $505 in the last five minutes of the auction, I'd have statched it up in a second. The 115 was a little too pricey for something I'm not totally sure I want, particularly from a 0-feedback bidder. Eh well, it might be back.

6. Eric, since you put it that way...

What is way-above-average as far as 15's go? :D