Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Find the absolute best deals on bass stuff?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by AcousticBass, Jul 13, 2005.

1. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    im pretty sure theres a name for people that do things like this but, for my next bass i dont really care what kind as long as its like a $1500 dollar one for like $500 I remember seeing a post that this guy got a new bongo at guitar center for $500 on the memorial day sale or something, is that a good idea? go to guitar center on memorial day? o ya and pawn shops, never been to one but are those good also? i need to knoooooow, o ya what about those things like where stuff was stolen like cars and stuff, and the government sells them really cheap and stuff? they sell basses there? thaaaanks

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, that's a piss-poor way of selecting a new bass.

The term you're looking for is police auctions of repo auctions.

3. Your talking about the deal of a lifetime, and I seriously doubt anyone at the Guitar Center got a Bongo for $500.00 Memorial day sale or not. The only way you will get a $1500.00 bass for $500.00 is by taking advantage of someone who does not know what they are selling, or maybe if you hang around some crack houses, maybe you will find a bass player there who needs a fix real bad. :D

You want a $1500.00 bass, save $1500.00 or use credit. Or wait a liftime for that deal to come around.

Good luck.

4. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA

Yep, it appears to have happened......

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183026

5. :eek: Well I stand corrected.

But that is insane though. I wonder if the manger of that GC still works there? They either have an insanely huge mark up or they lost big time selling it for $500.00

Rock on A.B.
    may the deals be with you. ;)

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California