1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

finding a amp.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sams, Apr 10, 2001.

1. sams

sams

Mar 20, 2001
    East Orange, NJ
    I am looking for a amp head that gives me a rich deep sound most suited for gospel music and nice high for when I slap and pop. My budget is $650-$950. I do not want a combo amp just the amp head. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

One of my first choices for what you describe - An Eden Traveler Plus, 400W into 4ohms, is a very rich sounding head, not real hi-fi like an SWR, and for the feature all slappers and poppers consider a must have, compression, it has automatic compression that can be bypassed when desired.

It's a light, 13lbs or so, rackmount for about $960. (BTW, I don't have one, so this isn't, "...so everyone should get one, too" mentality).

I would have said Ampeg for the rich and deep but then you mentioned the slap/pop thing. They're good for just about everything, but I think the Eden is better for your critieria.