1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finding a band in Arcata, CA

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Justin V, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but it's the best I could think of this late at night.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any places around here where one could find some bands that are in need of a bassist/singer. I know there are a lot of bands up here, but I haven't heard anything that has really caught my ear as something I want to be doing right now. I'm looking for a punk/hardcore type of band or a Ben Folds Five-ish thing (finding that at the same time would be a trip, huh?). So, if there are any TBers up here, could you please tell me where I could go to help myself in my cause. It would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, if you're reading this part, sorry if this didn't make a whole lot of sense. I'm pretty tired and need to go to bed now. Thanks for reading.

2. non-super corporate music stores (i.e. not guitar center) would be a good place to start. they usually have some sort of bulletin board where people can post want/need ads and the like.