Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finding a band in Southern Ontario

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by bassballs27, Mar 19, 2006.

1. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Hello Everyone,

It has been awhile since I've posted anything on talkbass.com.

Lately, my attention has been focused on finding a band that needs a bass player.

Does anyone know of any good websites for finding band members or existing bands?

I just found out about 2 weeks ago that kickinthehead.com is no longer being updated and that site used to kick ass for indie music in Canada, with loads of Classified Posts in Southern Ontario.

The other site I knew is doesn't exactly get a whole lot of traffic (overhear.com) so I've had about 2 responses to my ad over the last 3 weeks!

If there is a band out there in around the ages of 25 and is located in the Greater Toronto Area (or close to), don't hesitate to contact me.......

Thanks,

-Chris

2. I am in the exact same spot you are. I live in the GTA but also can not find a good decent band. Here are the sites I visit to look for classifieds.

www.torontomusician.com

www.craigslist.com Click on Toronto on the right hand side

I think those are the only two I regularly check that are decent.

good luck!

Kyle

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Hmmm...I would go hang around U of Windsor and some colleges, put up some flyers.

4. I used to go the the U of Windsor....

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Are there any blues jams or open mics in your area that you can go to? It can be a great way to meet other players. It's worked well for me so far.

6. Junojesu

Junojesu

Jan 16, 2006
    I know that Theme Song for a Century is looking for one... These guys have higher standards than most... so if you want contact them. They're last bassist left with his other band to go on tour... so they need someone...

http://www.themesongforacentury.com/

7. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Thanks for the responses everyone!

Does anyone know of any more sites?

As I mentioned, kickinthehead.com is now longer operational......

8. hey 27, check your PM, I got a possible lead for ya. :)

9. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    BassBalls; What city are you in ?

10. bassballs27

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
  11. The Mansion House in St Catharines has/had a weekly jam session. It is more jazz/blues oriented but quite a few musicians would drop by. On a few occassions Kenny Wheeler even came by when he was in Canada visiting!