1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finding myself wasting time...

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Dankfizzle, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Dankfizzle

Dankfizzle

Aug 21, 2007
    I love the stuff victor wooten plays and other great bassists even just the average expereinced joe who can play some great funk... but i find myself looking around for cool riffs and songs that i imagined the bass would have. Im recently new to the instrument but i no how to do more than just basics. What im trying to say here is that i cant find any artists or groups who have some great sounding riffs (that arent inhuman like wootens stuff). Im findind myself loosing intrest because im finding only these semi-begginer riffs that dont sound to great.

So help me out here and maybe let me in on some websites or artists where i can find some tabs that will realy sound great. I like funk,jazz and blues.

2. Just J

Just J Guest

Jul 27, 2007
    Jamerson is a no brainer, old motown, Stevie Wonder, etc. I also really like Willie Weeks. Donny Hathaway's Live CD has some great bass on it.

I'm seriously drawing a blank right now on others I like.