Finding other TBers in Your Area?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Big Benner, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Hey all,

I was just reading one of the amp threads where one TBer was comenting on another TBers amp sound and the sound coming out of the PA. I would love for another gear crasy bassist to comment on my live sound and what's going on with the rest of the band from the audience point of view. I'm always working on this so it would be very helpful.

How do I find other TBers in my area? Should we have a location for this?

Just a thought.
  2. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Big Benner,

I would love to hear you and coment on the setup you have, and vice versa. I am in Ottawa, which is still 4 hours away from Toronto. If you are in my area, just let me know and we will arrange a meet and greet !!!
  3. im hoping to come down to visit a friend in ottawa somtime this summer although i dont think i can bring any gear
  4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

I'd guess that this thread is your best bet, beyond checking profiles a lot. I noticed another TB'er with a location apparently close to mine; turned out we live maybe 3 miles from each other, out here in the boonies. It's very helpful getting his take on things at my shows, and I'm helping him with technical support and networking with other players. I'm expecting to hook up with several other TB'ers who live within a couple of hours of here this summer as well. Keep after it, it's a good idea.
  5. The Nanny

The Nanny

Dec 23, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Ottawa! woohoo go sens go!

Turlu - I'm in Ottawa as well, doing lots of in a band?
  6. Here's whatcha do...on the top toolbar, click Members List, then click on Search Members, then click Advanced Search, in the space under Location, type Toronto...Bam. Anybody who listed Toronto in their location is listed.

Great tool if you're playing out-of-market and want kindred spirits to know you're coming.
  7. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Hey Nanny,

I am in a Band and startedto gig out, we are actually in the process of making a promo kit, etc. etc.

I would definitely like to have some contacts for places to gig, etc. etc. and experience and guidance from guys like you as I am new to the area !!!

Available anytime if you want to talk bass !!!
  8. jadesmar

Feb 17, 2003
    Ottawa, ON
    I would be up for an Ottawa meet & greet.
  9. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    Anytime !!!

Always looking for Friends and Bass Fanatics !!!
  10. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

When you get serious on a GTG, PM the mod and ask him to
    stick it up top. When it is over, be kind enough to ask them to
    unsticky it so other active gtg's get the exposure.
  11. If there's an Ottawa GTG coming up count me in! Maybe by then I'll have my G&L to bring along.