1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finding the tone i want...................

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by j0n0j0n0, Mar 6, 2008.

1. I bought a new 2007 warwick thumb nt 5 string, and am using it through a hartke 2500 with a dbx166xl compressor through a 410tp cab, and i just can't find my tone in the 6 months ive had it. The lows sound great through it but i just can't seem to find a way of getting my higher notes louder and punchier for slap sort of stuf without making my lows sound trebly and thin. if anyone has some ideas that would be great. Cheers

2. Mharris

Mharris

Sep 25, 2007
    Missoula Montana
    I've had my LTD 2004 Warwick for a couple years now and I'm STILL experimenting and tweaking my tone. If your bass is like mine it's got 3 band EQ and several pull knobs (which I still don't completely understand). The combinations all offer something completely different. It's taken years to mess around with and I'm still doing it. I guess running through three EQs makes things a little more complicated as well. If Warwick is like mine, your volume knob pulls up doing something to do the EQ that optimizes it for slap pop. Lately I've been blending more into the bridge pickup pulling up the mid knob. I still don't understand it, I just hear it. BTW, If anyone knows, pm me and let me know.

Also, I just purchased a MXR M-80 which made my bass sound even more beautiful. Try cranking your mids. That's something I've been doing a lot recently and it's really become a cornerstone in my sound.

Anyway, what kind of electronics does that baby come equipped with. I'm too lazy to look anything up. What type of tone are you looking for specifically?

I apologize for my rant.