1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finding the value of a bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheGreatSealof, Jan 21, 2013.

1. How can I determine the current value of a bass? Are there any sites or valuation tools availablle?

For example, I have a MIA 2000 Fender Jazz that I purchased for $700. How can I determine it's current/sale value?

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

2. Turock

Turock

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Check the ebay completed auctions.

3. msaone

msaone

May 13, 2012
    It's worth what you're willing to let it go for? Not a penny less, not a penny more.

4. msaone

msaone

May 13, 2012
    To me, my power jazz bass special is worth thousands, but they sell for +/- $500.

5. Actually, it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Anyone can think any item is worth any amount, it's what the buyer is willing to spend for it that determines the value.

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

No matter what you think of eBay, they do set the prices of most things these days, particularly used musical instruments.

Also, check the used sections of Guitar Center and other stores to see what they are getting for it. Something like a 2000 Jazz should be easy to find on there.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021