1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fine Carved Chinese Bass

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by dragonetti11, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    This bass was made by Shunbao Chen who is the owner of the Chen shop (tian Yin violin) in Shanghai. This is not a common factory type bass. This was speacially made by the owner himself meant to show the highest level of workmanship the shop does. This bass was not bought from a second party but rather straight from the shop in Shanghai. Therefore I can let it go at a sligthtly lower price.
    This bass is great for any advanced high school student or college student and beyond.
    It has an amazingly flamed maple back.
    The volume is extremely good...and the tone is great for jazz classical and solo playing.
    here is a link to the picture of my bass that is on their website. http://www.tyviolin.com.cn/E/E-bass/BD_DT/DB-4.jpg
    I will also attach a couple of my own. PLEASE NOTE: I am certain that the bass on the link is my own and I realize the the two pictures are a bit different looking in terms of lighting....I would say that the actual color of the Varnish is closer to what I have and not quite as dark as on their web site. ALSO the two littel marks on the finger board that is in the darker picture are no longer there...they were planed away.
    Please ask any questions you have...I am eager to sell this bass....it really is a nice instrument...so I am a little sad too:crying:

2. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    here they are....a few more comments:
    This bass was appraised a few years ago at $6,500 two years ago. It has a new bridge with adjusters. The fingerboard and tailpiece etc were set up. And overall it is fine condition.

UPDATE: I am now asking $3,500.....I can go no lower...this is really a steal...you cannot do better at this price.....this insane price is only available for a short period of time....it may soon be going on consignment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.