1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Finger pain on right hand - possible injury? Advice please

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmanmicah, Oct 28, 2016.

1. bassmanmicah

bassmanmicah

Jul 19, 2012
    Indiana
    Hello:

A few weeks back, I decided to help out my church and join their bowling league. I should have known better...

I had not bowled in years, so some soreness after the first night was expected. However, a week later when we bowled, the soreness only increased. I bowl right handed, which is my "plucking" hand. We bowled Thursday night, and then Saturday night, I had a gig. I notice some pain when I do regular playing, and it is more noticable when I slap. The pain is in my middle finger, in the meaty part between my knuckle and the first joint. If I squeeze the sides of the finger (where it would touch the other two), there is no pain. Pushing on the top also does not hurt. However, When I squeeze the top and bottom, the underside has quite a bit of pain. This is where I feel the pain both if I slap (I often pop with my middle finger), and if I really dig in fingerstyle. I don't know if I sprained something bowling, pulled a tendon, or maybe even a small fracture? Living in a small town, I'm not sure who I would seek out as far as a medical professional, so I thought I would "ask a pro" on here first to see what suggestions everyone has.

Any advice or guidance would be welcomed. My left/fretting hand still has issues from a different injury about 5 years ago where my pinky doesn't seem to want to work anymore, but that's a whole other thing. The issue with my right hand is the most pressing.

Thank you for your help!