finger technique!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Hookha, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Hookha

Nov 6, 2005
    where can i learn more finger technique and more special technique?

can you suggest me bass player with a speical and cool technique?
    and where can i learn them (which movie or something)
  2. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Tell us more. How long have you been playing? Specifically what aspect of finger technique are you interested in?
  3. Hookha

Nov 6, 2005
    I paly about half year..
    i dont know nothing about any other technique exepet the 2&3 finger..(the basic technique...)
    what cool thecnique can you suggest me?
  4. myrockinbass

Jun 10, 2005
    If you're still there, I can give you some suggestions!
  5. Nothing special about 2 and 3 finger technique. Just alternate, and practice until it becomes second nature.
  6. ii7-V7

Aug 4, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    You can check out Victor Wooten and Anthony Wellington. Anthony's website gives pretty good insight into right hand thumping and slapping technique. This might sound strange, but a guitar player that you can learn alot from is a guy named Greg Koch. He uses a lot of techniques that can be applied to bass guitar.

But, if you've been playing for six months you would probably be better served to spend as much time as possible learning songs and grooves off of CD's. You should really get to know your basic techniques really well before you try to get too fancy.

As Victor Wooten says when he talks about thumpin' and slappin'..."This is just icing...but you need the cake too! The cake is the groove, and thats whats going to keep you working as a bass player."

7. inapinch

Jan 29, 2006
    Stroudsburg, Pa
    Its all part of your style of playing and what you bencome comfotable with.. I have been playing bass for over 30 years Yes That Long!!I only use 2 fingers and can keep up with the best of them.

Play with different guitar players go to jams and you will find your own comfort zone.:bassist:
  8. inapinch

Jan 29, 2006
    Stroudsburg, Pa
    One more thing listen to other bass players..Check out Michael Manring cd Drastic Measures also MArcus Millers Silver Rain CD. You will injoy both of them.:bassist: