Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fingerboard Chart

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by kwelakid, Jun 21, 2000.

1. kwelakid

kwelakid

Jun 21, 2000
    Does anybody know where to access a double bass fingerboard chart which accurately depicts note locations from the bottom to the top of the fingerboard and beyond.
    The American School of Double Bass does one but this is expensive (in Australian dollars)

2. calaveras

calaveras

Aug 7, 2000
    check out lemur-music.com, I seem to remember them having one of those last time I checked.

3. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    If you have access to an electronic tuner you can make your own chart pretty easily. I would advise you to mark the note locations directly onto the neck in a non permanent manner. Masking tape works but it's not very durable. The problem with a note chart is that without frets it's impossible to indicate exactly where on the fingerboard the note is physically located. If just a note chart is all you need, just use a chart for electric bass. they are the same.

Apparently you are new to the upright. If over 40 years on URB has taught me anything, it's GET A TEACHER. Upright is a wonderful instrument but you'll learn to hate it real quickly if you start out trying to teach yourself. Injuries are a real possibility on URB. Much more so than EB. Without proper technique training the learning time probably will be multiplied by at lest 10 times.

Good luck and have a world of fun on the upright. I sure have.