Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fingering help

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by mcnaire2004, Feb 16, 2006.

1. In the first movment of the Dragonetti conerto in G. measure 42 tripplett 3. How should I finger that? I have been Doing the harmonic D slured to A but that slows me down to mutch when I play the dotted A after that then slur A to G. Can any one help me with that measure?

2. I play the D harmonic with my 3rd finger, then shift back to 1st finger on the G string. Then, I continue to go down the G string until I cross over to D on the dotted 8th note (with the 16th slur) in measure 45. I think that's the best fingering.

3. Thanks, that helps alot. :hyper:

4. On second thought, I don't play the D harmonic. I play it closed with my 3rd finger. It's minimal, but seems easier to play it fast that way, rather than allowing the D harmonic to ring. The rest of what I said holds true. Try it, see what you think.

5. Thanks, I experimented with it and found playing the harmonic D on the G string and the A on the D string and then shifting (quickly) to A first finger on the G string.