1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fingering help

Discussion in 'Jazz Technique [DB]' started by mcnaire2004, Feb 16, 2006.

1. In the first movment of the Dragonetti conerto in G. measure 42 tripplett 3. How should I finger that? I have been Doing the harmonic D slured to A but that slows me down to mutch when I play the dotted A after that then slur A to G. Can any one help me with that measure?

2. I play the D harmonic with my 3rd finger, then shift back to 1st finger on the G string. Then, I continue to go down the G string until I cross over to D on the dotted 8th note (with the 16th slur) in measure 45. I think that's the best fingering.

3. Thanks, that helps alot. :hyper:

4. On second thought, I don't play the D harmonic. I play it closed with my 3rd finger. It's minimal, but seems easier to play it fast that way, rather than allowing the D harmonic to ring. The rest of what I said holds true. Try it, see what you think.

5. Thanks, I experimented with it and found playing the harmonic D on the G string and the A on the D string and then shifting (quickly) to A first finger on the G string.