Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fingers

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by SGT. Pepper, Dec 23, 2005.

1. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    How many of you here wish you had more fingers on each hand? Like six or seven on each hand?

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I really don't mind having 4...

3. I'd like some extra fingers, but I want them to be detachable. I'm okay with being a freak, as long as I'm a stealth freak. :ninja:

4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    There was this thing on the news of this guy being born with 5 fingers and 1 thumb, and he became a doctor, but just imagine the riffs he could do with 5 fingers.!

Im happy with 4. :)

5. tiredman9

tiredman9

Aug 15, 2005
    New York
    I have a friend who was born with 2 thumbs on his right hand but one was surgically "cut" off soon after. Imagine the slap riffs....

6. AGCurry

AGCurry

Jun 29, 2005
    Kansas City
    I'll answer you as soon as I figure out how to use the ones I have.

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    What you are discribing is a condition known as Polydactyly.

I was born with this condition(both hands)as well as Devinity(Bassist with Victor Wooten).

http://www.e-hand.com/hw/hw024.htm

8. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Well, if we all had more digits, then all the instruments (and this keyboard I'm typing on) would probably have been designed to do more things... and they we'd be right back wishing we'd had even more fingers.

I'm happy with what I have and that they work even as well as they do.

The only real development that will be worth it will be when we can seamlessly translate our mental music into audible music.

Of course then no number of fingers can save us... our only excuse for bad musicianship will be lack of taste. (oh God... )

9. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    i just wish pinky's were longer.

10. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Haha yeah same here, about the length/size of your ring finger.. would be perfect.