1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fingers

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by warlock7885, Jan 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. About a year ago i ws at a gig for my band, and something very serious Happend. Right in the middl of the 7th son my a and e string just snaped. Now all night i had been pushing them hard as hell(my style is verry agresive slapping)and i could tell they were wearing down heavily. Then all of a sudden they snapped a cut my left hand pretty badly. So bad infact i had to stop playing and go to the E.R. after we finished the song(i just hit an open d for the rest of the song). Turns out i cut the bone bad on the first two fingers and the top parts of them had to be cut off. Only about a week later i was playing again with the stubs i now had for fingers. It was unbeliveably had to play at that time, but i never quit. I'ts been a year just about now and im just geting back to playing like i used to. Just recently My strings snaped agai but lukaly i got my hand out of the way just in time this time. I'ts kind of funny watching me play now. I lok like ven more of a freak with my stubs.

2. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    I gotta call BS on this one!!!

Mike

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Well, Doctor, he is the "Warlock". BC Rich's and maturity aren't exactly a natural combination. ;) eeewww, they're sooo scary....Happy Halloween!

Remind me to tell you about the time I grabbed an ungrounded mic. I now provide "phantom power" for the band!

Warlock, you might try posting this at www.tabcrawler.com

4. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    You can slap on a BC Rich???? :cool: :rolleyes:

5. I never said i play a b.c. rich warlock

6. rickbass

...and you never said you didn't. :D (no profile info).

That was just a guess from the tenor of your post + the fact that younger guys tend to identify their screen names with whatever bass they are using + Warlocks are typically model-numbered in a "7800" series.

So, you may be plucking a Fodera for all I know.

How did the "Warlock" come about any way??? Harry Potter books??? ;)

It ain't no big deal.

But the playing a week after having your finger tips cut off is a stretch. mikemulcahy is a real-deal emergency trauma M.D. and I think he would have to file your claim in the "Miracles" folder (to be kind).

7. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Guitars aside, the finger story is BS.

Mike

8. Im sory i gotthe ime frame mixed up with another incident it was more like a month.

Now that i look back i can see why he said it was bs

MY BAD:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Time frame aside, your story doesnt wash. I wont go into it due to the ridiculous nature of it. Back out of it now and save a little face.

Mike

10. rickbass

Now that your gear profile is filled out, I see I was right. :D

Most of us aren't nasty around here, just sharp.

As Dr. M suggests, quit the BS, shoot from the hip, and you'll like the site.

11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    LOL!

I guess he didn't count on someone actually knowing their sh*t, eh? Look up "troll" in the dictionary and I'll bet there'll be a pic of this dude and his bass. ;)

My first real encounter!

12. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    where I used to work we relined brake shoes. Anyway we had this pneumatic punch that we used to remove the old brake linings from the shoes. Well one day my co-worker is not paying attention and Wham! he punches the end of his finger off (pointer). he did not scream or anything but he looked kinda green. He was bleeding all over the place. The counter guy gets him in the truck and takes him the hospital and tells me to find his finger (eeewww). I looked for a bit (it was pretty nasty and dirty back there) and finally found it. it was weird picking it up I remembered somthing from TLC (i think) that said to put severed limbs in milk (Mike am I crazy?) anyway thats what i did. I took it to the hospital and gave it to the medical ppl. Well turns out after all this his finger could not be reattached because it was severed with a punch and not cut off, so now he has no finger above the first joint. It also took him quite a few months to recover. Oh btw he does not play bass so this story only kinda relates.

This thread just reminded me of that day.

S

13. Best i've got are the 3 knuckles on my right hand that were ground off when I came off my scooter on black ice...they took a while to heal, and the pinky still can't close completely, but hey... :D

And the time before (well a while ago) when I managed to put my hand through a window (you don't know your strength when boozed!) and severed 3 tendons and the radial nerve of my right hand.

Funny thing is that i've never damaged my left hand...touch wood... ;)

14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

Reminds me of the time that I cut my throat so badly that I damaged 3 vertebrae, and they had to amputate my head right at the end of the brain stem. Luckily, there was a poor guy who had just lost his head, and they were able to transplant my head onto his body, I guess our tissue types must have been the same.

I still get kinda weirded out, knowing that this body has had experiences that I know nothing about. And sometimes I hear this strange voice inside my head, and see this guy just out of the corner of my eye, but he disappears before I can get a good look at him. And I have these really strange dreams about fudgesicles, RuPaul and a '68 Rambler, too.:eek:

15. :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

16. rickbass

:D :D :D (damn funny!)

"I hate it when that happens. Or like when you get knitting needles stuck through your nipples and you twirl them like airplane propellers....."

17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I think that's knocked out teeth. Can you imagine trying to stuff a severed leg into a glass of milk? Although, being from Wisconsin, I know a little bit about stuffing body parts into 55-gallon drums. :D

Anyway, I think you put severed fingers in a Tupperware with some fresh ice. Anyone see Suicide Kings? Anyone at all? "That's fresh ice -- it's very cold."

18. I thought I was the only one that had those dreams!:D

20. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    Yeah I guess that would be kinda hard -- Duh! :)

s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.