Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fingerstyle And Finger Funk

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by spikesstickies, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Hey guys, haven't actually found a specific thread on both fingerstyle and finger funk, you know when victor pulls off his killer triplets and stuff. I'm not exactly certain on how you pull fingerstyle/funk off, i know it goes something like running your fingers down on your strings, both muted and not. Am i actually correct on this? And if i am could anyone give me a clearer idea on how it is actually done.
    Cheers, Spike :)

2. Are you talking about double thumb slapping w/ multiple pops? Or just playing funk w/o slapping?

3. No not exactly double thumping, more of playing around with your fingers, or am i wrong?

4. Honestly I'm not sure what your talking about. I recomend buying the Live at Bass Day '98 victor wooten dvd. He gives alot of instruction after his performance as to how he does all that stuff.

5. boogiedown

boogiedown

Nov 1, 2004
    That bassday dvd is awesome. Victor puts on an amazing show and also give a lot of great pointers about slap technique.

6. hmmm alright i'm sorry if i aint exactly clear, will go down and get the video and give it a look, thanks...