Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finished Attitude

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Spector_Ray, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I finally finished the upgrades to the bone stock, basic Yamaha Attitude Plus 4. Upgrades include shielding the pup and electronics cavity, Seymour Duncan SPB-3 pups, Mighty Mite tuning machines, Gotoh bridge, White pearl pickguard from pickguards.us and finishing it off is a set of DR Black Beauties. I thought this may be too much black but the pickguard and maple fretboard keep it in check. What do you think?

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

2. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Beauty!!!!!!!!!
    You forgot the black nut.:hyper:

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Yeah, I know. I was planning on installing a phenolic nut then changed my mind. I think I'll go ahead with that since the white one does seem to stand out.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ray, since when do you have an attitude?

5. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Ha ha! Since I had the unfortunate luck of having my babies stolen in '91. You don't really want to know the whole sad tale do you?

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks good, and yes, I'm up for a story.

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Well, in '91 we played a gig on a Friday night that lasted until around 3a.m. which was unusual. I had been up since 5 that morning and I mentioned that I was in no mood to lug my stuff all the way up the stairs to my apartment. The guitar player who owned a trailer told us just to leave the stuff in the trailer and we could pick it up later that day. I was apprehensive about leaving my stuff in there, but he assured me and the drummer that our stuff would be safe. He was going to back the trailer up against the garage so nobody could get in there. I was so tired that I agreed. Well we all know how arrogant guitar players can be, right? He was hitting on this chick and getting all riled up. After stringing him along, she finally splits. He, being all riled up and all, goes to his girlfriend's apartment, you know just to "visit" her instead of going home. Well, one bolt cutter and a snap later, the trailer's gone and so is all my stuff. I guess I was arrogant myself since at 21 years of age, I thought nothing could happen so I didn't bother to insure ANY of it.
    So after marrying, I never had the money to replace any of it and sort of fell out of desire to play anymore. I guess I was more distraught than I had realized. It took more than 10 years of living life, working and raising kids before the bug finally bit again. So I bought the Yamaha on ebay because it was cheap. I'm acutally surprised at how good is sounds and plays.

I'm still jonesing for another Spector!