Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finished defretting --- pictures

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan Berry, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Im now finished defretting my Cort Curbow 6. It plays, looks, and sounds great!theres a little glare in the pics.

[​IMG]

2. next

[​IMG]

3. last

[​IMG]

4. pc

pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    I love this bass... I'm seriously thinking about getting one...:D

5. Well thanks a bunch seapickle - you pick our brains for the how-to down in Setup but when you're done you post your pics up here in Basses.

That's gratitude for ya. :)

6. She's a beaut. Congratulations on the awesome defret.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Looks good!

Is this defret any different than a normal defret would be on a wood finger board?

I seriously want a fretless Cort Curbow 6, and that looks like what Im gonna have to do. Ive done it no problems on a wood board, but I wanna know if id run into problems here.

I hope you enjoy your new fretless.

Peace
    Nick

8. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nice job! Thanks for sharing. Those Cort Curbows are nice.

9. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Ah ha, you finally got the pics up, very nice lookin' thang you got there. have fun with it, dude. :D

10. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Oh yeah, hows the balance of weight with that huge 6er neck? Does the strap help when you're standing with it? Does it tilt when you sit down?

Just wonderin' because when I tried out the 5 it felt balanced, but then I tried the 6 fretted, and it felt awkwardly tilting downward in the neck.

11. It is different, but I'd say its easier. Since the board isnt wood, it cant really chip. The efret was totally worth it, it sounds great.

Mine balances fine with a strap, but sitting down is weird with any cort curbow because of the super-low cutaway. Its good cause you can easily access all 25 frets, but it creates a small area to rest on your leg. I can still play it sitting down, but I dont really do that much so it isnt a problem for me.

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Did you heat the frets?

Im just curious how the board would take the heat.

Peace
    Nick

13. Yes i did, i heate ech fret for 30 seconds with a soldering iron and then took them out with a toenail clipper.

14. RedV

RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Nice:)

Alex

15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I guess I know what my first 6er is gonna be!
    :D

Peace
    Nick

16. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Lookin in the same direction, Nick. Saving my big money for a car. Too young to settle down with one awesome 6er fretless.....

Ah who the hell am I kidding! A Zon would be awesome!:D