Finished - Minuet by Bach

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Dee Wurthy, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Sounds pretty good, there are many blurbs and blips, but that's alright, no shame in a little roughness. My first reaction to your tone was that you were hiding under 'verb and processing. You may want to lay off it a little bit, It does sound cool with it, but at the same time, it is kind of a crutch to use so much ya know?

but it was good, I enjoyed it, good job.
  2. wow, that was awesome!
    just a question, but did you do two tracks, or did you do all that in one track?
  3. Thank You. It was all one track recorded at one time. I just involves figuring out the bass and treble parts individually and then finding a way to play both at the same time.

WR, I completely agree with what you are saying about the over-use of effects. Being under certain circumstances, that was just the way it turned out. Perhaps I'll go through it again and adjust the sound. The monitors I am using don't accuratly portray the way it sounds through regular speakers. Its annoying me quite a bit lately.
    And roughness- Yup, it is definatly a bit rough.
  4. MMSterling

MMSterling Guest

Feb 19, 2004
    Leicester, England
    I love playing classical music on bass, I can only play Prelude in C and Moonlight Sonata though! Nice job as well mate, once thats smoothed out a bit at parts you've got a good piece of work there!

Keep it up mate!

Andy :)
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was listening through high quality studio headphones :p
  6. Good job!
    Remember practicing that song years ago when I started playing piano...bad memories comes to my mind :D
    Once you manage to get all the tones smooth, that will be even more impressing...And about playing classical music on the bass: I have enough with chromatic fantasy! :D