1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Finished My Board

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Nov 2, 2018.

1. I hadn’t put a board together in a number of years. It took some time, and I need to get the cabling in place. (Not all knobs are in their final positions.)

The unmarked pedal is an A/B switcher for my two basses (Warrior & Jazz). I run the Jazz into the Fairfield Modelè B, so I had to figure out a layout that would allow me to run that in front of the switcher. The Fairfield is great for matching levels with my Warrior, and it just has a certain character to it that is hard to describe, but I love it.

I really only use the LS-2 to run the Bassballs into one loop and keep the other loop clean. You lose a lot of low end and fundamental with the Bassballs, so running a clean signal with it really helps it stay thick. The Moorer sweeper is a Bassballs clone (I really love Bassballs) that I set more aggressively and run it after the octave for a synth-y sound.

The Moorer Tender Octaver is always set on the Swell setting and I use it on longer, more held out notes. It’s a cool effect when used in the right way.

The pedal in the upper left is a Woolly Mammoth clone, and I really only use that when I want to piss someone off. It’s completely unbridled, even at the lowest settings.

Believe it or not, I can also run this board with a guitar. The Fairfield and the Muff sound terrific with a Strat.

0F8525C4-76DE-4E11-A64A-AC05B40B66A0.

Bergerman, mattbass6945 and alack like this.