Finnally ordered an Aguilar GS410 !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Mar 23, 2004.

1. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I ordered the GS410 cab today and it will arrive next week, I saved a lot of money to get it and I ordered it from the web. I'm from Puerto Rico but will pay for the extra shipping $$$, cause I've just heard and read too many good things about that cab. I already own two Gs-112, and I can't wait to pair the 3 cabs together into my Svt-II pro. I couldn't try it before buying, but your reviews, harmony central's and's said a lot of positive things about it. Also I love my GS112's and wanted to get a more tight and punchy sound I know I'll get with 10's.

Just wanted to get the happiness out of my chest.

Any comments or opinions are welcome.

2. zoran

May 10, 2002
  3. SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Very good choice..If you like the 2)112's, then you'll definitely love the 410. I found the 12's to be a little deeper and darker, but the 410 has much more punch with loads of volume.

Just like you, I ordered my 410 and 210 without hearing them. No doubt, I was suprised when I got them! You just cant beat Aguilars stuff
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've got two Aggie 4x10s. You've made a good choice IMO.
  5. You will be happy! Excellent choice.
  6. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I'll be sure to post a review on the cab when it gets here.
    But probably I'll be to darn busy playing with the 410 that I wont use my computer for a couple of days.

Well, we'll see.
  7. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I left home to buy new strings for a big show I had friday night. I had borrowed an Ampeg Svt410-HE cause the Aguilar had not arrived. While I was buying strings, my dad called form home and told me that a huge UPS box had just arrived, I went home in a hurry, took the cab out of the box and left for soundcheck.

I arrived, got all my gear setup and began the sound check. I almost cried (of happpiness) when I first heard the GS410. I was running a SVT-4 (borrowed from the store that was fixing my SVT-2 that stopped working last week, during a gig) with 2 GS112 on amp 1 and the GS410 on the other. i did not notice that I had it set on Mono, and that the only cab that was sounding was the 410. Even though, I was floored with the punch, tightness and big bottom that the cab produced. When I noticed my mistake and set the amp in Stereo, Oh my God! I almost died.
    To make it short, I played the gig with the 3 Aguilar cabs and it sounded great. The show was also recorded with a DV cammera (not through the console) and it looked and sounded awesome. Aguilar is top notch, I've bought the 3 cabs w/o trying them beforehand, and I've never secondguessed my decision.

After playing the 410 in my room this weekend I've only confirmed how great it sounds. To me it sounds as clear and balanced as an SWR Goliath, but has the balls and the low and mid prescence of and Ampeg SVT810. The bass player who played after us, had an SVT-4 with and Epifani 410 and 115. While it sounded very balanced and clean, I preffered the attitude and ballsy sound of the Aguilars. I even caught him peeking at my cabs. Ha!

Overall I'm one happy cat.
    Thanks to everyone who helped me with advice and opinions.