Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Finnaly a new rig! pic inside

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xJasonSmithx, Apr 20, 2004.

1. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    [​IMG]

GK 1001rb II
    Korg tuner
    Gator 4 space shallow rack

im very happy so far, the only gig i have used it on so far had horrible power in the place so i ended up setting out most of the time and really couldn't get a feel for it. but im loving it in my room.

If you want any GK gear definetly go through riksmusic.com they have incredible prices and are very nice guys.
    my girlfriend bought me the tuner for christmas. and i got the rack from sweetwater.com, also really nice folks to deal with

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I haev an MK 1, and it is sweet! I have always wanted to try the MK2, becuase it has more power in the same size/weight package! Awesome stuff!

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    i hate you....not really, but you need to buy my cab off me or lend me your old head.

4. Thats awesome!
    Thats the setup I want, except a little different.
    I want a GK 700RB
    Korg DTR-1000
    SKB Shallow 3U Rack
    May I ask what holds up thinkgs in the back or the rack?

5. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Rack equipment is held up only by front screws as far as i know

Jason

p.s. that sounds like a rad rig i hope you get it soon man

6. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, a lot of racks that are meant to hold big power amps have rear rack supports, but not all.

7. Holy crap! Riks just sent me the quote for the 700RB and 1001RB! Forget the 700RB! I want the 1001! Only $630! Is a Avatar B410 bi-ampable?

8. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    You can biamp the Avatar but honestly there's no point in doing so, plus they don't have Speakon connectors, at least not yet. To do it you'd have to rewire the tweeter to be separate from the woofer power input which it runs from, honestly the cabinet is fairly bright anyways so you're not gonna want much tweeter. In fact, I turned mine totally off.