1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Fire on the Mountain"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by lopxtc, Mar 17, 2009.

1. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey all ... so Im trying to get Fire on the Mountain down for this weekend. My wife is finally able to make it out to a jam night that I attend on Sundays, and I want to be able to do this song for her since she is a major dead-head and I think it would be kind of cool to surprise her with it.

I picked this one mostly because its a simple two chord progression (B-A) but trying to get the timing of the notes down is killing me. Mostly due to having a crap copy of the song, but also because I think Phil is using some effects on his bass during this song and having a tough time on the audible front picking out the bass lines.

It would appear that this is the correct "tab" of the line;

G|---------------------------------------
    D|-----9-9--------9-9-----7-7------------
    A|----------9-------------------5-6-7----
    E|--7----------7-------5-----------------

However Ive never worked with just tabs before, so Im having issue nailing the correct time value of each note. I think its pretty much two bars of B and then two bars of A, repeat till end of song ... but Im not sure.

If anyone has played this song before and can assist that would be great.

Aaron

2. Musicphan

Musicphan

Oct 11, 2008
    Aaron - check out archive.org. They have almost every GD live performance in Mp3 to download or stream. You should be able to find a good heady version.