1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FIRE SALE:ACG Singlecut with John East/ACG Filter Preamp **$1099**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by phishaholik, Jul 31, 2012.

1. phishaholik

phishaholik Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Something came up and I really need to sell this bass. This might just be the best deal I've ever seen on TB. Take advantage of me of my financial situation and treat yourself to a fantastic bass at an amazing price!

This is a relisting of the following thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-acg-singlecut-filter-preamp-896225/

Unfortunately, I'm at a point where I need to let most of my gear go. I have three kids and the amount of time that I can actually play bass seems to go down every week. At this point I'm lucky if I have 15 minutes here or there, let alone any time to gig.

The first up is this absolutely gorgeous ACG Recurve singlecut. These are hand built in Scotland and the quality is out of this world. I really can't find a flaw anywhere on it and I would definitely put it up there with the best makers in the US.

It has a beautiful Claro Walnut top that has some of the nicest figuring I've seen on a walnut top and I've seen a lot. The body is black limba that has some crazy grain. Tonally, black limba is very, very close to mahogany, which is my favourite body wood. It has a set in neck and the neck is a seven piece combination of maple, mahogany and Macassar Ebony. It also has a matching claro walnut headstock on the front, black limba on the back of the headstock with a Macassar ebony fingerboard. Hardware is all top of the line hipshot, ultra-lite tuners and A-style bridge. The whole bass has a satin finish that makes the neck very fast. It weighs in at a svelte 9 pounds and unlike most basses, it balances perfectly whether sitting or on a strap. This is very rare from my experience and greatly improves playability. I find not having to use my arm or hand to balance the bass makes it a lot easier to pull of certain lines as well as less fatigue whilst playing.

Tonally, this bass has it all. It has ACG humbuckers that can be switched into single coil mode for a more open/midrangey tone. The East/ACG filter based preamp is off the hook an it can really give you more options than any other preamp by a long shot. It can go from sub thumping dub to cutting Rage Against the Machine midrange and everywhere in between. This preamp is also a little different than those on BestBassGear.com and are only available in a custom ACG bass. It has a two low-pass filters, one for each pickup, and a high-pass filter for both pickups. The controls are all stacked knobs and they are volume/blend, low-pass frequency/boost neck pickup, low-pass frequency/boost bridge pickup and high-pass frequency/boost for both pickups.

EDIT: It seems these preamps are no longer available from Best Bass Gear any longer. They were running about $350 for just the preamp if I remember correctly. That makes this bass a little more rare.

Playability is excellent. I've been blessed to own some really nice basses by top of line boutique luthiers and this one is right up there with Fodera, Sadowsky, Sukop, etc.

Condition is close to mint, definitely excellent. I don't remember there being a scratch or ding on it, but I'll check it over when I get home.

I love the bass, but I have too many and no time to play them. It's time for me to put some cash away for a house, so my loss is your gain.

Price:$1099 plus shipping. Payment without fees only. This is an absolute steal for this bass!! A bass of this quality is worth well over 2k. This isn't just a steal, it's absolutely ridiculous. I feel stupid even letting it go for this price.

img_2520.

img_2523.

img_2512.

img_2516.

img_2518.

Michael

2. Jecodia

Jecodia

Jan 3, 2012
    Wooooow...at that price, i'm sick that don't have the money for this....

3. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Man, it's making me sick that I have to sell it at this price. :(

Michael

4. chris1125

chris1125

May 14, 2007
    So tempting...

5. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Do you know the nut width and string spacing at the bridge on this beautiful bass?

6. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I've forgotten to list that every single time...LOL.

It's 18mm at the bridge and the nut is 1.8"

The bridge is adjustable, so there is some room on either side of 18mm.

Thanks

Michael

7. henry2513

henry2513 Supporting Member

May 9, 2011
    Los Angeles, Ca
    How much room is there to narrow the string spacing?

8. Kukkiwanblack

Kukkiwanblack

Jan 17, 2011
    PM sent

9. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Someone will be getting a steal of a deal here...

10. phishaholik

Aug 20, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Someone sure as hell is!

SALE PENDING

Michael

11. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Glad to see it. This is an amazing bass at an insanely low price and will make someone very, very happy.

12. Congrats!!! On the sale...